+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How do you men do it mostly?

I watched an episode of Dateline, where a guy infected 11 women knowingly with HIV. He pretended to go to a clinic to be tested, and just told him he was clean....they just took his word for it and not asking for the document to prove it. And these are middle aged professional women.

**Be very proactive about it.

And there goes smackie with a slam dunk! Great advice. I hope you are actually taking note of all of this filler.

Oh and there are condoms that have spermicide already on them, but additional spermicide is even better. I've never seen them used, but apparently there are also spermicide tablets [?] that you put in your vagina that act as additional lubricant and birth control. I am not well versed on that at all, so maybe someone else could chime in.
    ...one can be sure of nothing until it has already happened...

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    I watched an episode of Dateline, where a guy infected 11 women knowingly with HIV. He pretended to go to a clinic to be tested, and just told him he was clean....they just took his word for it and not asking for the document to prove it. And these are middle aged professional women.

**Be very proactive about it.
    That's what surprised me how can people be so irresponsible?! I of course would never in million years trust a man and take his word for it, that's another reason why even though I'm trying so hard to meet someone don't have a bf yet, I mean there are tons of men out there, but I need the quality not the quantity. And all these adices I'm getting from everyone just prove that I was right all along, not letting anyone take advantage of me again.

As for other advices about going to the therapy, thank you for looking out for me but, I don't know, I mean i wouldn't feel comfortable talking about it out loud in front of another person face to face, it will make feel like a victim once more. I mean not everybody is comfortable talking about sex with a stranger/psychologist not to mention rape. I'm all gworn up now and have read so many psychology books, I feel like I can help myself. Years ago it would have been helpful, after it happened I craved to talk to someone, like my dad but my parents were already divorced by then, it felt like i just lost my dad and now all the other men were creepy and seeing my dad again seemed like it would helped me feel better and show that world isn't so horrible but, years after, I heard that my dad also was hitting on a young girl that was my age from one relative and that was even creepier, then I lost all the hope and trust in men but now I pretty much understand the difference between normal/decent people and abnormal, it's just that my family wasn't normal and there are thoughsands of other families who aren't and i'm happy that my life has gotten better and keeps getting better and better each day.

Thank you everyone, I greatly appreciate your help!

Quote Originally Posted by Incognito View Post
    And there goes smackie with a slam dunk! Great advice. I hope you are actually taking note of all of this filler.

Oh and there are condoms that have spermicide already on them, but additional spermicide is even better. I've never seen them used, but apparently there are also spermicide tablets [?] that you put in your vagina that act as additional lubricant and birth control. I am not well versed on that at all, so maybe someone else could chime in.
    Yes I am taking notes but I don't know what "spermicide" is lol. what is it and how do you use it? Oh never mind I apparently didn't finish reading your post lol. But that sounds yucky, sticking something in there, god how many things go in there?
    Last edited by filler; 04-02-12 at 09:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    Take a good look around you.....look at the stupid young girls pushing strollers, that's how many don't use birth control. It's not very shocking really, it's shameful.

You are smart to look into it but don't be getting your information from you stupid friends. Either you go to a parent planning clinic or to your doctor for proper information. Tip: when using condoms always use a spermicide with it....it is sold with the condoms.

Another tip: if you can't have sex with the lights on, then you are not ready for sex yet. And if a guy refuses to use a condom, get rid of him.....he is irresponsible and a twit.
    Could you please tell me how to use spermicide and what they are exactly? And about the lights, hmmm good point if i feel like turning it off then I won't even bother lol. Before that I need to learn how to kiss with lights on, so i have a long way to go to get to that point...

Well as you know any word with "icide" at the end means to kill something. Suicide, is to kill one's self and homicide is to kill someone else. Spermicide is a substance to kill sperm and prevent pregnancy. It is not always in tablet form. It is much more widely used as an additive in regular sexual lubricants.

Quote Originally Posted by Incognito View Post
    Well as you know any word with "icide" at the end means to kill something. Suicide, is to kill one's self and homicide is to kill someone else. Spermicide is a substance to kill sperm and prevent pregnancy. It is not always in tablet form. It is much more widely used as an additive in regular sexual lubricants.
    Oh, I see, well thank you for that info Mr. Incognito and Miss Smakie, I never really heard of lubricants like that before, but sounds like they would be very handy and very useful in a situasion when one chooses not to use birthcontrol pills and relies only on condoms.

There are also female condoms. The exact name of them escapes me since I've had quite a few beers tonight. They are basically condoms that cover your cervix so that sperm doesn't enter.

There is also the morning after pill in case of emergency. Basically a very high hormone dose to disrupt pregnancy. I'm not sure why you are so against regular birth control pills though. Not all women gain weight and get cancer, in fact I think that cancer is a rare side effect. Some women take birth control even if they aren't sexually active becuase it can stabilize period frequency and severity as well as help clear troubled skin.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by filler View Post
    Yes I am taking notes but I don't know what "spermicide" is lol. what is it and how do you use it? Oh never mind I apparently didn't finish reading your post lol. But that sounds yucky, sticking something in there, god how many things go in there?
    You're a great troll, Filler. You can't not know about Google.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

There are also sponges that serve as sperm blockers. Once again, just like the female condom, you insert them. Probably wouldn't be your cup of tea, but it is an option that some women swear by. I've never personally been with a woman who used female condoms or sponges.

It is irrational to rule of birth control because of weight gain, just talk to your doctor and you will find out there are pills which are designed to do the opposite (such as yasmin). Besides I would rather birth control weight rather than pregnancy weight, wouldn't you?
    “So it's not gonna be easy, It's going to be really hard, we're gonna have to work at this everyday, but I want to do that because I want you. I want all of you, forever, everyday. You and me... everyday.” <3

Quote Originally Posted by Superfantastich View Post
    It is irrational to rule of birth control because of weight gain, just talk to your doctor and you will find out there are pills which are designed to do the opposite (such as yasmin). Besides I would rather birth control weight rather than pregnancy weight, wouldn't you?
    Good point. Plus the baby weight is harder to lose and may result in permanent stretch marks.

Quote Originally Posted by filler View Post
    Spermicide usually comes in a foam and you use the applicator provided....inject it into the vagina. I believe it's good for up to an hour. This is something my doctor strongly recommended and that a condom used on it's own has it's risks. But spermicide does not protect you from HIV. Getting tested and knowing some history about them is best. Anyways, like I said you are best to seek a doctor to discuss your options.

Also you can look into using a female condom. Never tried it but it might be better for the guy if he doesn't like wearing them himself.

If you think things are yucky going in, then you are definitely not ready yet.
    Last edited by smackie9; 05-02-12 at 02:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Superfantastich View Post
    Ok definetely will see a doctor, will see the birth control pills options and google for more and study more about other types of precautions and choose the best that suits me.

Thank you for all the useful info
    Last edited by filler; 05-02-12 at 03:18 AM.

Just because you haven't been interested in sex, doesn't mean you shouldn't have at least some degree of knowledge concerning how human reproduction works. You sure you want to risk spreading your genes?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast