+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Went on First Date With Girl Yesterday; Too Soon to Do Something for Valentines?

Went on First Date With Girl Yesterday; Too Soon to Do Something for Valentines?

Backstory: I participated in a date auction event at my university last Friday and was bought by a girl who says she was single and that I seemed like a very nice guy. We went on a date last night (Sunday night) and we really hit it off, like so well that I barely touched my food because we never ran short of a conversation. At the end of the night, I asked if I could have a second date with her and she said definitely, so I'm planning another date with her sometime at the end of the week. She texted me before going to sleep that she had a great time, her room mates really like me and want me to come over sometime and yeah, basically i got good reception from her lol.

Since I've only been on one date with her, is it too weird to do something for Valentines day which is tomorrow? If not, is there anything i can do for her that's not overt? I'm an art major so a drawing of her is too odd? A handmade card? Advice please? lol
    Last edited by waynechriss; 14-02-12 at 02:17 AM.

Mathias is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Don't do anything. You've been one one date.

Yes, you obviously like each other, but doing something like that is sending a strong signal - one that could push her away. Take her out this weekend.

At the absolute most get her an inexpensive box of chocolates. If you put too much thought and effort into it you're scare her away.

On a different note, how many guys fall for a girl after a great first date and then hold back their feelings until they've spent an appropriate amount of time with her?

I'm wondering if it's unusual for guys to feel like the OP or if that response is secretly the norm.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Jambona View Post
    At the absolute most get her an inexpensive box of chocolates. If you put too much thought and effort into it you're scare her away.

On a different note, how many guys fall for a girl after a great first date and then hold back their feelings until they've spent an appropriate amount of time with her?

I'm wondering if it's unusual for guys to feel like the OP or if that response is secretly the norm.
    I wouldn't say it's the norm for us to feel that way after the first date. It's definitely the norm for me to play it cool even if I do, though.

save your time and money...next date say lets go find discount valenties day cake for desert...you know wallmart will have tons of it. dont get her anything. im not getting anything for a girl i seen 1.5 months...but if i see her after v-day imma say that.

Quote Originally Posted by oldskool83 View Post
    save your time and money...next date say lets go find discount valenties day cake for desert...you know wallmart will have tons of it. dont get her anything. im not getting anything for a girl i seen 1.5 months...but if i see her after v-day imma say that.
    1.5 months and you're not doing anything? Must not be going too well, not aiming for 2 months?

As for OP, do nothing, too soon. Set up a date for the weekend.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

Valentines day is way too commercialized anyway, kind of forces lazy people to express themselves hah. In a real relationship, every day should be great as valentine's is supposed to be, so you don't need to feel obliged to do anything on this specific day. Surprise her on a random day when you get to know her better.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by random bundy View Post
    In a real relationship, every day should be great as valentine's is supposed to be
    Unfortunately, that's not how the real world operates.