+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Have I done the right thing? In a bad way right now.

Have I done the right thing? In a bad way right now.

So there is this girl I've really fallen for recently and have known her for about 2 months now. She, however, just wants to be " friends", and sadly I want more. I know I can't have it though and just want to be able to move on. I also know for a fact that she really fancies this other guy that I know. I've spent a great deal of time and effort on her, aswell as being there for her and caring for her, and have even taken her to meet my family, but she still really likes this guy (who she hardly knows) and wants to be no more than friends with me. I have decided just to let her go and have told her that I no longer want to be friends as it is easier for me. I'm finding it very hard right now, but I do hope that in time it will become easier. I just really hope I have made the right decision!

I also know that she said to a friend that there is no "base attractivness" between us and just finds me "safe and comfortable to be around"

I really want to know how to stop hurting on the inside and just move on from her. It really hurts when I see her with other guys aswell as I care for her deeply.

Advice would be really helpful as currently feel aweful.

I'm sorry to hear that but I think u did the right thing it's the best way to move on things will get better but it will take time I've been through same situation myself just stay strong keep smiling u never know there might be someone looking at ur smile

I have a really bad case of White Knight Syndrome, too! I care and suffer for her an awful amount, but I need to put my self first.

I still have strong feelings for her but I hope not seeing her for a few days will really help. She is having a party friday and the guy she really likes will be there, so that wouldn't be good for me at all!

It sucks. You just have to keep moving forward. You're already going the right direction, so just keep the no contact with her.