+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Interesting Month

Interesting Month

Sort of a different month--my gf and I spent 10 days together on three trips out of town. In between trips, though, we saw each other less frequently; I think, because she had to make up time at work and with her family. It worked out to being more time together overall. The third trip, we went out and had several drinks. The conversation endedup revolving around marriage and I told her that I really loved her and that I was planning to ask her to marry me. Her eyes got very teary and she was very happy. The next day, she said, "Why don't we just go to Vegas and get married?" I said that wasn't my style, that I'd prefer a nice civil ceremony. Anyway, I kind of got a positive reaction to the concept of a 'next step,' wouldn't you agree? But, I think it also confirms what I thought--she would prefer to elope and not have to deal with her parents. I've never been at this stage of a relationship, so I have no basis for comparison. It this weird or normal behavior (everything described above)?
    Last edited by CAM; 29-03-12 at 11:00 AM.

What's "normal"? If by "normal" you mean what most people are like... then most families are dysfunctional, most very much so. If by "normal" you mean functional and having adequate communications, then that's a whole different ball of wax.

I didn't have my parents at my wedding, mainly because I'd rather not go to jail for knocking out my mother. It was a shame dad had to miss it, but I couldn't have convinced him to come alone, and he's still married to that hag.

We had a civil ceremony too - wrote our own vows (got complimented on 'em by the judge) and went out for hot-dogs afterwards... it's what my wife wanted for her wedding feast, LOL.

Frankly, I think that if you can agree on something, then you should do it that way. If she's cool with a simple civil ceremony with a couple of witnesses, then do that. As long as you're both happy then you're gold.

Man!! you can have it both ways !!!! One crazy one in Vegas (super coolio!!!!) and the other one a more civilized one for you and families.Why not ? Dont get stiff, dont ruin the fun and excitement.Go crazy!!! I would have jumped to it...oh boy, VEgas!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Marriage is about love,respect,honor and most importantly...humor!!!!!!!!!

This thread is already painful.

We have CAM here, thinking anyone gives the slightest fu​ck about his relationship or his pseudo-intellectual drivel; a teenage HIA who thinks it's still cute to call his mom a "hag" in front of his friends; and some illiterate retard who uses more exclamation points than strokes required for him to rub one out.

That does it, folks. Worst thread of 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by KingZ View Post
    This thread is already painful.

We have CAM here, thinking anyone gives the slightest fu​ck about his relationship or his pseudo-intellectual drivel....

That does it, folks. Worst thread of 2012.
    Don't be an ass.