+ Follow This Topic

Thread: he says I am not showing enough affection/love to him...

he says I am not showing enough affection/love to him...

I just saw my boyfriend today and he just texted me saying that he is frustrated because he says I don’t love him or show enough affection toward him. He knows that I am shy and timid. I don’t show enough emotions sometimes. Sometimes when he puts me on the spot I just don’t know what to say and I get shy and flustered. But I do try to show a little more emotion and affection toward him, but he says its not enough. I don’t know what he wants me to do or expects me to do. He developed feelings for me rather quickly than I did. We went out and met each other the first time on Valentines day. He already knew I was shy. It just makes me upset when he told me to try harder. Is he being clingy? want attention? too obsess or insecure?

He probably insecure because his ex left of 5 years left him when he wasn’t doing so well and life was at turmoil. He probably think that I am not into him because I don’t show enough affection and think I am gonna leave him or just treating him as a toy. I am not like that though. I just don’t know what to say or do. I mean its hard for me to say oh I love you when we only met a little over a month ago. I never been hurt by a guy before, but I have been hurt by friends a lot. Leaving me, talking behind my back, hating on me.

At times, I don’t know if I like/love him, but then I force myself to think about the positive things. It just to strange sometimes. Sometimes I start smiling alot and sometimes even in front of him. I smile because I thinking about him and he making me smile and I can’t control it sometimes. I would just get all giggly but not in front of him because I get so shy and I don’t show it in front of him. I just need time is all.. but it feels like he is not giving me time to pull myself together. He make me smile so much at work because he came to visit me and brought me food, but I don’t want to make it seem like oh he spoiled me so thats why I smile so much. When I think about him I smile all of a sudden and I always have to bite my lips to stop it. he’s the only one that makes me smile so much that I can’t control it. At times I get butterflies when I think about him. I haven’t gotten butterflies in awhile, but it comes back once in awhile and multiple times, but I do smile a lot. He always sees thayt I seem happier and that I may be falling in love with him, but he also feels that I am not giving him enough affection. I don’t know what it is, but it’s somewhere in between like and love.. I just need to really feel it strongly to express it. I don’t want to say something I don’t mean or that feeling goes away. WHAT SHould I say to him to make him realize that I do like him?
    Last edited by iamminzy; 28-03-12 at 04:49 PM.

Tell him nicely to man up!
    That you dont need a male girlfriend but someone who can lead and who is confident about himself regardless if there is a woman or not.
    That is just not attractive.
    Again,tell him nicely.

Generally on average, it takes women a bit longer to fall in love than men. Just be honest with him and tell him how you feel in regards to liking and loving. He's very insecure, so tell him you're not interested in other guys right now. But also reinforce the fact the he should relax and take things slooooooowly.

Can't show PDA? Then do other little gestures to show you care. Cook him his favorite meal every now and then. Send him a text out the blue and tell him that he's on your mind. Write him a little note with a goofy but positive message and sneak it in one of his pants pockets that will put a smile on his face. A couple of little unorthodox but still "romantic" things like that a week will do wonders.

@ wdfadue... u r right.. maybe the little gestures and little things do count. I was thinking of baking him cupcakes or brownies lol... but i just don't have the time, but i am going to do that soon. I already made him a heart shaped dollar bill.. he told me he will never use that dollar bill... =) We had a talk today and yea... I think I am starting to fall in love with him but just need some time. I can't say I love him until I full know it and continue to have that feeling for him, but likke u said, I should show little gestures xD Thank you so much!