+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Why the hell do women do this?

Why the hell do women do this?

Last year, I met this girl Sara. We were work buddy's and I hung out with her everyday. Over the course of the next few weeks, we ended up getting really close and ended up kissing on a few occasions. After a while, I told her how I felt about her, and she said she wasn't ready for a relationship. After that, I started to distance myself a bit. Then we hung out again a week later and she tried to kiss me and I didn't let her. Now my question is, why did she try to do that? You know, kiss me and be intimate with me, yet not want to have a relationship? Why do women do that? Play the field like that? Can somebody explain? She clearly wasn't ready to have a relationship yet still felt the need to be physically intimate with me. She knew how I felt about her. And If I allowed her to be intimate with me, it would have only made my feelings grow more..
    Last edited by xhayatox; 11-04-12 at 03:26 PM.

Attention whore

You do know there are girls/women that like to have fun, nsa sex don't you? It may not be the thing to do for you with her, since you may fall for her, but maybe that's all she wants.
    ...as ancient astronaut theorists would suggest

A few girls like plain sex, but aren't ready for a full relationship. She was trying to send a message like this. If you don't want FWB with her, then don't hang out with her.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

Quote Originally Posted by bulrush View Post
    A few girls like plain sex, but aren't ready for a full relationship. She was trying to send a message like this. If you don't want FWB with her, then don't hang out with her.
    My point is, she clearly had feelings for me. She wanted affection from me, and wanted to be with me but she was just hesitant about it because she had other issues in her life. She even once told me she didn't want to lose me. I don't think it had anything to do with sex because we never had sex or anything.
    Last edited by xhayatox; 12-04-12 at 02:30 AM.

If you do not love this girl, do not have sexual relations with her! Good luck

This is the girl that was screwing around with another guy (in the other thread) instead of you?

You're overestimating her feelings for you. Seems like the other guy was more aggressive physically and got her attention instead of you. Just learn from it.
    ...as ancient astronaut theorists would suggest

Hi Hayatox,

There are many attitudes, habits, ideas and thoughts that we formed throughout our lives. And they could be very different from other people, even if we use the same word to describe it. for instance, I say I LOVE her, but it could be a lot different from how my friend say he LOVES his girlfriend. There are millions reasons for her kissing action, and it wise to approach talk to her and understand the reason behind. Only getting information from her could give you a close to accurate answer.

good luck

Quote Originally Posted by xhayatox View Post
    Last year, I met this girl Sara. We were work buddy's and I hung out with her everyday. Over the course of the next few weeks, we ended up getting really close and ended up kissing on a few occasions. After a while, I told her how I felt about her, and she said she wasn't ready for a relationship. After that, I started to distance myself a bit. Then we hung out again a week later and she tried to kiss me and I didn't let her. Now my question is, why did she try to do that? You know, kiss me and be intimate with me, yet not want to have a relationship? Why do women do that? Play the field like that? Can somebody explain? She clearly wasn't ready to have a relationship yet still felt the need to be physically intimate with me. She knew how I felt about her. And If I allowed her to be intimate with me, it would have only made my feelings grow more..

Quote Originally Posted by haxan View Post
    This is the girl that was screwing around with another guy (in the other thread) instead of you?

You're overestimating her feelings for you. Seems like the other guy was more aggressive physically and got her attention instead of you. Just learn from it.
    No. It has nothing to do with another guy. It was just her expressing interest in me, and giving me the impression that she wanted to be with me, only to back out after an entire month of spending time and say that she wasn't ready for a relationship.

I understand it takes a lot of guts and courage to genuinely talk about this sensitive topic with her. There are manny nonverbal cues or words that she uses could be interpreted differently by you. Having the courage to discuss, share and talk about this sensitive topic will absolutely help you and her clarifying and making sure you understand each other actions.