+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Why would a guy act like this?

Why would a guy act like this?

Me and this guy I knew from school had a sort of "friends" with benefits thing a while ago when we were both single. Since then he's back with some ex girlfriend who he's still with and I'm dating someone now too. Last month we were taking on Facebook and the conversation went:

Him: Hey you
    Me: Hey
    Him: How are you?
    Me: Good thanks, you?
    Him: Good thanks How's things with the bf?
    Me: Fine thanks
    Him: Good What did you used to think about when we slept together?
    Me: Erm... I don't know? That was a long time ago.
    Him: Ok then. What do you think about our sexual relationship?
    Me: I don't know... It was just sex. I don't know what to say.
    Him: Ok
    Me: Why? What did you think?
    *long pause*
    Him: The same.
    Me: Why do you ask?
    Him: Reassurance I guess? That I was good and that you enjoyed being with me?

We met up a few weeks after that and he was very full on. He kissed me actually. I text him the next day and told him I couldn't be his friend anymore when I found out he was moving in with his gf because I didn't think it was fair. We haven't spoken since, he removed me from Facebook. I just found the conversation odd. After our FWB thing was over, every time i told him i was dating someone he'd always say "how's the bf?" and then have this sort of obsession about bringing up the guy i'm dating in every conversation even though he's got a girlfriend. As soon as i changed my relationship status on Facebook he came online and said congratulations, how happy he was for me and all that but then in our next conversation he'd mention our sex life, and that he wanted "us" to have been better than the guy i'm with. I just don't understand why he didn't talk to me first before just cutting contact. We haven't spoken in over a month. Why did he act like that? I miss talking to him in a way but i'm not going to go back because i know he's trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Heather View Post
    Me and this guy I knew from school had a sort of "friends" with benefits thing a while ago when we were both single. Since then he's back with some ex girlfriend who he's still with and I'm dating someone now too. Last month we were taking on Facebook and the conversation went:

Him: Hey you
    Me: Hey
    Him: How are you?
    Me: Good thanks, you?
    Him: Good thanks How's things with the bf?
    Me: Fine thanks
    Him: Good What did you used to think about when we slept together?
    Me: Erm... I don't know? That was a long time ago.
    Him: Ok then. What do you think about our sexual relationship?
    Me: I don't know... It was just sex. I don't know what to say.
    Him: Ok
    Me: Why? What did you think?
    *long pause*
    Him: The same.
    Me: Why do you ask?
    Him: Reassurance I guess? That I was good and that you enjoyed being with me?

We met up a few weeks after that and he was very full on. He kissed me actually. I text him the next day and told him I couldn't be his friend anymore when I found out he was moving in with his gf because I didn't think it was fair. We haven't spoken since, he removed me from Facebook. I just found the conversation odd. After our FWB thing was over, every time i told him i was dating someone he'd always say "how's the bf?" and then have this sort of obsession about bringing up the guy i'm dating in every conversation even though he's got a girlfriend. As soon as i changed my relationship status on Facebook he came online and said congratulations, how happy he was for me and all that but then in our next conversation he'd mention our sex life, and that he wanted "us" to have been better than the guy i'm with. I just don't understand why he didn't talk to me first before just cutting contact. We haven't spoken in over a month. Why did he act like that? I miss talking to him in a way but i'm not going to go back because i know he's trouble.
    You know, women like you make me laugh. You continue to talk to a **** friends and you wonder why he stops talking to you when you tell him you can't be "friends" anymore. Your sole purpose in this mans life was to be his friend who he ****s.. so, when you stop wanting to be that type of "friend" by telling him "I don't think we can be friends anymore" he literally takes that comment at face value and he severed the relationship with the "friend" he used to fk.

BTW: he did talk to you first. He only deleted you as a (****) friend when you said you couldn't be his friend anymore.
    Keep in mind that bed buddies are routinely put on the shelf and then taken down once in a while just to see if you're (the general "you're) still an option for them.

He has a girlfriend quit thinking about whys and what fors with a guy that valued you for a sexual release obviously not much more, which you readily agreed to... its done now.
    Last edited by Wakeup; 22-04-12 at 12:08 AM.

When he got with his girlfriend he said he wanted a platonic friendship that's why i ended it when he kissed me. He lied.

He was looking to get in your pants again. Most likely, either his current girl is not all that good in bed or doesn't give it up all that often. Sometimes guys revert back to a girl they know was willing to give them some. It happens all the time and I have been there in the past too. It may seem odd, but guys are much different than us women.

Jaime
    I found the love of my life after gaining confidence and discovering how to become a guy magnet here: www.TheDatingAdvisor.net