+ Follow This Topic

Thread: in limbo and need advice :(

in limbo and need advice :(

I've been with my bf for just over a year, before me he was with another girl much older than him for just over 3 years whilst he was ages 18-21... they broke up after they had been long distance for 9 months and he didnt make the effort to see her. He started dating me a month later, then 2 months after that went away to america for 3 more months, in which he says he didnt cheat on me, then since he came back last september we have basically been living together.
    When it came to just before our 1 year anniversary he started causing arguments etc then saying stuff like he didnt want to have to think of me when it comes to making important decisions in his life, so i broke up with him, then we were on and off for about a month, then from April decided to get back together again. It's come to light that he wants to go back to america summer of 2013 and he doesnt want the 'hassle' of having a girlfriend like he did last time coz he felt he missed out on so much (which makes me believe that he didnt cheat on me in the summer previous). So I said that we should break up then, which he didnt want to do, but he wants to re-access the situation when we come to it next may-june time.
    Basically he wants to shag about in america and im suppose to be happy about it. I don't know whether he is doing this because he thinks it what he ought to be doing and owes it to himself after being in a serious relationship previous to me, or he just isnt fulfilled from being with me. His excuse is that he needs to do this now otherwise in the future (he can see himself being with me etc etc etc) he could resent me for not going and holding him back.
    am i right to resent him now for all of this coming about? i feel like i just want to finish with him for making me feel like that and for those thoughts even crossing his mind. there's just a part of me that feels like a mug coz im making excuses such as 'he hasnt shagged about like other lads he knows' or 'he doesnt want to resent me when we are married and have kids later on in life' but how many times can he use these excuses to get his own way in the future?!
    Im probably 70% sure that I want to break up with him properly for this but I dont know whether to give him the benefit of doubt and his way of thinking might change by then and he snaps out of his quarter life crisis or he just wont change and im not the woman for him.
    any advice would be helpful please.

If the guy isn't willing to make important decisions with you in mind, then he is not for you. He may not be ready for a serious relationship and it is not fair for you to just sit around and wait. As hard as it might be, move on and find someone that is ready for the same level of commitment as you.

Jaime
    I found the love of my life after gaining confidence and discovering how to become a guy magnet here: www.TheDatingAdvisor.net

What you have to think about is how will you feel if you continue to see him and then when it comes round to it next year he opts to end it so he can have fun as a single man in America. I think the only way this can work is if you keep things very casual between you now or if you tell him it's over completely.

or i just **** him off now and get over him over the next few months... lol. its a shame i actually thought of my future being with him. damn it.