+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Should I be concerned of cheating on and or being hurt?

Should I be concerned of cheating on and or being hurt?

Hello,
    I have been dating this girl for a little while and I have a question. Since we began dating and getting closer she has always told me I'm too good to her and treat her too good. on the flip side, she also tells me everyday day how much she loves me and how she didn't know what she would do without me. She also says she loves spending time with me and is not sick of me at all. then at times she will text me I love you followed by i don't deserve you with an "" at the end. So, the question is, what do I make of her saying things like "I don't deserve you," "Don't know what I would do without you" or "You are too good for me"? Are they sings of her trying to make me back off?

Dont ask us....ask her

She's either just looking for a certain kind of attention from you, or she just really thinks that you are too good for her. She may have extremely low self esteem, or she may have dated a bunch of a**holes in the past and isn't used to how you are treating her.

Either way, gently tell her to knock it off because hearing things like that might actually work against your relationship.

Also, it doesn't seem like she's trying to break it off- seems a bit too innocent for that.

This is the type to cheat, for sure. Low self-esteem and constantly seeking validation.