+ Follow This Topic

Thread: should i be concerned?

should i be concerned?

need some opinions on a situation between my fiancee and myself. She is a Dr. that works in sales and deals with a lot of different doctors on a daily basis.
    a lot of times the dr.'s will flirt with her and usually its innocent flirting and since everyone knows "sex sales" she has to play along to a certain degree.

well, just recently a dr. she met at a seminar was being really foreward and she played along, but after a day it started going to far. she still played along for another 2 days and realized that he was taking it way to far and that it wasnt innocent teasing or flirting anymore. at this point she came to me and told me all about it and showed me the text log. i was upset that she participated to the degree that she did and she immediatly sent this dr a text letting him know that she wouldnt be able to service his account and that another rep would be calling on him.

i trust her 100% as far as her not cheating on me but im not sure how much i trust her judgement in understanding what the other persons intentions may be.

i attached a link to the text log below. please read through it and give some feedback!!

thanks in advance.

you will have to add the third W in the link.......

ww.box.net/shared/k2189ht3zc

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    She is full of shit... she don't have to play along by flirting with co workers!

Mathias is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by girl68 View Post
    She is full of shit... she don't have to play along by flirting with co workers!
    Well, sort of. If she's a pharma rep, that's almost required.

Then again, I'd never date anyone who actively sought that kind of job.

This is tricky,
    at this point I would say there wouldn't really be any cause for concern as she doesn't seem to be hiding anything from you. If her intentions were devious then she would probably exhibit the signs. The mere fact that she approached you and showed you the text log would just confirm trust, for me atleast. At the end of the day she goes home to you. When should you be concerned?

In my opinion:

* The relationship seems mundane/boring
    * She doesn't talk to you like that
    * You are growing farther apart
    * She needs more and more privacy
    * She doesn't make eye contact with you
    * You don't "make love" anymore
    * You guys sleep "apart"
    * She hides her text messages/phone calls

It could be that she is trying to test you to see how much trust you have, and to get wind of any insecurities before she ties the knot. Or, could be she is looking at how you react to see if she gets the green light to mess around with the doctor <-- thinking that you would have no idea if she approaches you about the situation as if she is innocent (kind of like counter-intelligence). Or, could be she is telling the truth.

Until she has done something to violate your trust, such as lie, then I wouldn't jump to conclusions as that could ruin a legit relationship... Just my $0.02
    Last edited by l337acc; 06-07-10 at 01:34 AM.
    You're never too old to learn something stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by l337acc View Post
    This is tricky,
    at this point I would say there wouldn't really be any cause for concern as she doesn't seem to be hiding anything from you. If her intentions were devious then she would probably exhibit the signs. The mere fact that she approached you and showed you the text log would just confirm trust, for me atleast. At the end of the day she goes home to you. When should you be concerned?

Until she has done something to violate your trust, such as lie, then I wouldn't jump to conclusions as that could ruin a legit relationship... Just my $0.02

i agree with you completly and we are past this to the point that we can actually joke and laught about it.
    my concern was that it the guy wasnt a "stupid little kid" as she put it, could it have gone farther. i guess my point is that what if this guy was someone that she may have been interested in would she have stopped then.

i know at first it was innocent, but when a contact u meet on the first day is texting u at 11 at night asking u to meet him out then it clearly isnt work related. then the nude pics, and two more days of it going on and on and on......