+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Girlfriend Losing Affection

Girlfriend Losing Affection

Okay, so, my girlfriend and I have been dating for about 8 months, now, and we have usually always been really happy. Lately, however, I have felt like:

1. Something is wrong all the time
    2. I'm not getting enough attention
    3. She doesn't want me as much as she used to
    4. And all these problems are making me a bad boyfriend

We always talk things out, but I feel like I have been doing it too much and that it might be pushing her away. We used to text all the time, occasionally it would take her a bit, but I feel like its more frequent, now. I text her all the time and if she doesn't reply then I text her again about 2-3 hours later. My heart usually feel likes it stops and I get really excited when I see she has texted me. I tell her when something is wrong and send her a really long text explaining it but she says that she doesn't like reading novels haha and would rather talk about it in person. When I tell her in person she will listen, but sometimes will get mad or not care. I try to avoid texting her or not text her for a few hours or at all and hope I get a text but then I don't get one. It frustrates me. She says she doesn't like texting and that she forgets and I know I should trust her and I do, but at the same time I feel like she's doing it because she's not as interested. We see each other about 3 days a week on average because we go to different schools. I am always the one asking to hangout and I wish she would more. Lately, she has been hanging out with her friends more on the weekend and maybe that's because I have a different job and don't work all weekend. Come to think of it, that's when everything felt like it changed was when I changed jobs.

I hate telling her these problems and I hate texting her more because I feel more needy.
    Should I just stop texting her period? I don't want her to lose interest in me. I don't know what to do really.

Nothing to do with you. She has met someone who is an interest to her and gives her the attention she wants. She is probably hanging out with this dude, flirting with him and he's been chatting her up. She's gonna be moving on pretty soon.

lol, you should see my thread a few below this one Hope that helps

It sounds like she is feeling a bit suffocated. What are all the problems you telling her about? It sounds like you are feeling needy and insecure and she picking up on that. Try to find other things to fill life with, and hang out with some other friends too so you won't feel so needy. As you yourself said, it seems like this is pushing her away, and I would agree based on what you've said. You don't have to cut her off altogether, just get a grip and learn how to deal with your problems and insecurities in other ways.

IVU is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    It sounds like you are feeling needy and insecure and she picking up on that. Try to find other things to fill life with, and hang out with some other friends too so you won't feel so needy. As you yourself said, it seems like this is pushing her away, and I would agree based on what you've said.

Quote Originally Posted by IVU View Post
    It sounds like you are feeling needy and insecure and she picking up on that. Try to find other things to fill life with, and hang out with some other friends too so you won't feel so needy. As you yourself said, it seems like this is pushing her away, and I would agree based on what you've said.
    I figured so. I mean, we still hangout and love it and I give her space. Like its not like a text every 5 minutes. Maybe like 3 hours if she doesn't reply. But the problems are about that, or about how I feel we don't see each other enough. I know I'm giving too much attention and I've been backing off, seeing more people, and trying to enjoy other things, but I feel like she is on my mind a good 90% of the time, no matter what, and that I love talking to her that percentage, but she does not. She has told me needy isn't the right word for what I am, when I told her I thought I was, she just said in expecting too much attention essentially, but I'm trying to find a way to overcome that.