View Poll Results: Where does the issue lay?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • i have issues

0 0%
  • she needs to change

2 50.00%
  • both are wrong

2 50.00%
  • neither are wrong

0 0%
+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Girlfriend not responding in timely manner

Girlfriend not responding in timely manner

so ive been dating my gf for about a year and things are going pretty well aside from the usual disagreement every now and then. i understand that no one can always return a call or text immediately when they are busy. so i dont expect it from my gf. but i feel like its been happening more often than normal. i also live 270mi away from her now and i see her maybe once every two months. heres an example for the last 2 days
    saturday
    we were texting back and forth for a couple mins and she said she was going to take a nap. (730pm)
    i call at 10pm to see if she was up from her nap yet, no response. i started to get bad ideas; maybe shes out for cinco de mayo and didnt want to tell me? i get a good morning text the next day at 6am.
    she says she took a norco and knocked out. so i drop the doubts and believe her.

sunday
    we talked for over the ph and then she said she had to go, she said shed put her ph on the charger and call me later. ok.. no worries.(630pm)
    10pm comes around and i text her gnite because i had work early next morning
    she texts me back at 11pm saying gnite.
    i asked if she forgot to call or something

she says - "ate at dads....drove brother home...talked to mom for an hour...went back to dads...dad got gas for her....dad washed her car...got home and charged the ph..."
    me- "so ur dad washed ur car at night..? and i thought u said you were charging your ph after we hung up."
    she says - "no we went through a car wash, and i drove my brother home after i got off the ph, so i had no chance to charge it, he had me drive my brother right away"
    me - "thought u said u ate at your dads"
    she says - "its cool i told you how it went i dont need you questioning my every move. gnite"
    me - "u said you got off the ph and drove brother home.... but you also said you ate and then drove your brother home"
    she says -"i did!! do i have to tell you every detail?"
    me- "well your story changed..."
    she says - "...hung up....food was made but jus grabbed some food and then left with brother right away.... you over reacting...i apologize that im very involved with my family and i dont meet your 'time schedules' "
    i didnt respond after that and just went back to sleep

ok so thats about how to conversation went..
    i admit, i was a little cranky being woken up an hour into my sleep.
    i know i shouldnt doubt and question her; i should have faith and trust her. but its hard sometimes since my job trained me to look for lies and irregularities. and one of most common mistakes of liars is they cant keep the story straight. also, a liar is more defensive; someone honest would respond more offensively when accused of lying.
    anyway, i dont think shes lying, because i do have faith in her, but what ticked me off more was her sarcasm at the end; apologizing , and implying i have a "time schedule". like shes on a short leash or something. i hate that. im not a control freak and id let her do anything as long as she communicates with me. i wouldnt want to take away who she is by restraining her.

so far i think i should just wait and see if this pattern continues or maybe this month the moon is outta wack. lol

id like to hear more opinions and what you would do in my shoes. if im on the right track...awesome. but if theres something i need to work on myself; please tell me. if theres something wrong with her, i'll consider it. theres nothing like a 3rd person view on a relationship. thanks!

I don't know you guys personally, but drawing on my own experience it's really possible she's doing other things then what she is letting on. I was in a long distance relationship a couple times, and every time the guy would start going long periods with our texting or calling, and getting defensive when I asked about it, and making up very detailed stories that seemed inconsistent, they ended up cheating on me. I don't think your being paranoid. With being in a long distance relationship, communication is important because it's all you really have. So if they aren't making much of an effort to communicate, to me that says they do not want the relationship to continue. But that's just my opinion.

Hello,
    I don't know the age of you and your gf...although, age is kind of a moot issue when it comes to relationships. First and foremost, acknowledge that sometimes our doubts can overtake our thoughts and our imaginations and before we know it, we have created a scenario in our minds that is nothing more than an over active imagination.

Remeber, a thought is just that, a thought....

When we perseverate on that thought, we give it credibility and life.....so be careful that your imagination and insecurity doesn't get the best of you.

However, with all that said, in any relationship, one must love him or herself before anyone can love you....trust me, it took me years and years to learn this....but, it's so true

I chased relationships for years and kept chasing that feeling of validation...of being loved....I craved it, it was my drug....

But that toxic behavior led from one failed relationship to another....

I had to get confident in myself and in all that I can offer a significant other, and when I was finally able to embrace that as my reality....then and only then would I find happiness in love.......

You should not give away your power to your gf, by that I mean, let her come to you too. Don't ever chase after anyone....you have great things to offer someone and ur gf either sees it or she doesn't.

If u feel u r getting the run around u most likely are. Sure, some of her stories may be legit, but some may be stories to not hurt ur feelings.......

It may hurt knowing that ur gf is not being honest with you, we get hurt when the person we care about/love doesn't treat us the way we treat them....but know that all the pain we deal with in life, are life lessons to help us grow as individuals....

don't chase after her....let her come to you.........respect yourself and hold your head up with dignity....u can text her and/or call her and then leave it at that.......when you play detective, it is toxic for both of you........

always trust your gut and don't talk yourself out of it.......

long distance relationships are hard and sometimes fall apart....this may or may not be the case for you....but your gf needs to put in as much effort as you do

remember this.........anyone you have in your life should bring out the best in u and shud make u feel good about urself....u shud grow together....if u find urself in the company of someone who is constantly bringing you down and/or stressing you out, that is toxic....don't get addicted to that as a "normal" relationship.....because it is NOT normal..........i speak from years of experience...........i finally got this figured out.............i should write a book

good luck & take care........always be true to urself and the rest will fall into place

Quote Originally Posted by be980011 View Post
    Hello,
    I don't know the age of you and your gf...although, age is kind of a moot issue when it comes to relationships. First and foremost, acknowledge that sometimes our doubts can overtake our thoughts and our imaginations and before we know it, we have created a scenario in our minds that is nothing more than an over active imagination.

Remeber, a thought is just that, a thought....

When we perseverate on that thought, we give it credibility and life.....so be careful that your imagination and insecurity doesn't get the best of you.
    yea, being in the military and away often the imagination is like poison. that snake can grow quite big, and very fast. im 26 and my gf is 24.

i think im just going to wait a bit and just see how things turn out. either shes doing something else, cheating, or just busy, it doesnt matter i just know im a good person and it'll be her loss. like you said, i'll let her come to me. thanks!

Thanks for your post.

well down