+ Follow This Topic

Thread: tough situation in family

tough situation in family

I'm not sure if it's right place to write about it but i'm hoping for some answers and opinions.
    i'm 18 years old and live with parents. I always were the one they wanted me to be - I always had high grades and were a good girl, did things they wanted me to do. However she was caring and always worried about me, my future, grades, how I look or how other sees me - and this is the main problem - she always worried about letting go me to the parties and staying late at girlfriends house just becouse she thought I have my own home and I'm not allowed to stay at others. Now then I'm 18 years old she says that only bitc*es stays late at their boyfriends apartment... She have always had depression and personal issues. Becouse of her we don't have any family friends and don't stay in touch with other family members as cousins, uncles and etc. Then sh'es mad about something she loses her control, she can hurt someone as she did few times for me and my dad, she drinks alcohol breaks stuff at home and does lots of stupid things, besides, of which she regrets some days after. At the moments liek these she always tries to put me down even if then there's no reason for that. She always complains about her life, her job, and relationship with dad but she don;t even try to change something even if I'll try to support her. After figths we don't talk for weeks and I don't feel good being aroud her. I think this is not normal and I got tired of this. I lost trust and support in her. I know I my foult was then I lied to hem I said I'm going to stay at my friends apartment (I was 18 at that moment) and stayd at my boyfriends (we're together for a year). Some days later she read my skype chats and found out that. She get mad and I understand why, I tried to explain why i did it and we both apologised for that. But from that moment she became crazy about us together, she don't want him to come to my house, always calls me slut then I am at with he. Second thing which bothers her that I deleted some family photos by accident and I feel realy sorry for that but she doe'snt wanna hear me, up to her I can't even go to other city for a few hours becouse only she said so. She doesn't have normla arguments then we're arguing. She says she won't let me go studying abroad cuz she don't want me to, and I don't even ask for support like money. I feel lost in this situation, I know I'm 18 years old and Only I can decide that to do with my life, I could move out from their apartment but I have one more year in high school to finish it. I want to have a normal relationship with them but it's seems it's impossible - more they keep me under control, more I don't want to stay with them in touch.

You have to move out if you want your own life. Until then, they are always going to be in your business.

Thanks for your post

Quote Originally Posted by JasonSA View Post
    Thanks for your post
    You're welcome.

Thanks for your post

-bump

Isn't there any chances to fix situation without moving out? It's really tought time for me, my boyfriend goes for a summer job abroad, and I staying at home with my family (I even can't call it 'family'). More it gets harder more I turn away from everyone ;x