+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Tough situation

Tough situation

Hey everyone, I'll try to peice this together, it's a lot kinda all at once. Okay, I'll start out with just a little about myself. I'm 17(be 18 in june), and I'm leaving the state for college at the beginning of august. I've currently only had 1 girlfriend so I'm not that experienced at getting to know people.

I went to a party recently with my friend(ex gf) and she brought her friend along. I was hanging out with both of them at the party and had a pretty good time, I like her friend. I was just talking online with my ex the other day and i asked something about her friend(colby), and she guessed right off the bat that I liked her. We ended up talking about that for a lil while, found out that she thinks I'm cute. I found out a couple other things though, she just got out of a 2 year relationship a couple weeks ago and her other friend says that she held back from me because she was thinking about her old boyfriend.

Obviously I'm not looking for a serious relationship because I am leaving in 3 months, but I wanna have some fun till then ya know, and I wouldn't mind doing some dating. I guess I'm just trying to decide how I should go about this, I am pretty much just wondering how you guys would start out a conversation with somone you don't really know. I have her number but am uneasy to call her, I can't really think of what I'd say other than whats up and then she'd be like what the hell are you calling me for you freak lol. nah I dunno...

Heres something I've thought about though, what happens if I do end up getting together with her and either of these things happen : 1) i get attached and then it will really suck when i leave, or 2)She gets attached and then it'd suck when i leave. I'm not really going to lose anything by attempting this though and I'm just trying to have some fun untill I leave.
    But of course, this is thinking too far ahead of myself probably.

Anyways, just thought I'd get your guyses openions, and maybe even get a little advice on how to break the ice with somone that you've only met once. Thanks all.

-David

Tell her how you got her number (from her friend) and that you wanted to see if she wanted to hang out. Tell her you really liked her and had fun at the party and wanted to chill with her so you got her number. Then pick a place to chill.

BTW, even if this one doesn't pan out, don't be bummed. College is a GREAT place to have fun and date.

It's actually pretty wierd. Once you get in a college, dating becomes more complex, yet easier at the same time. A HUGE oxymoron, but strangely true. . .

Alexi

Thats actually some pretty good advice there alexi Thanks. I talked to my ex again and she said that the girl I like wants to go bowling, so we're gonna do that next week I think, I'm working all week this week so thats why we had to wait. Might call her up and talk with her some, ya know, just like hey howya doin kinda stuff Hopefully it'll be easier in college, but I'm not going to a regular university so I dunno.