+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Disappointment

Disappointment

My BF thinks that I'm always disappointed with him. I don't demand, I don't usually ask anything from him. He told me that he can always feel the disappointment from me. Now he is thinking that he is not the one for me.

What I will do?

Please I need your advice.

Just talk with him and re assure him that you are not disappointed with him. He sounds insecure about something so ask him... you must inquire more to solve this problem.

You need to talk more about this with him. Find out exactly what you do to make him think this and ask what you can do to change it. Also ask him if he is feeling depressed lately, that could be a reason why he feels this way. Maybe you are not showing him enough affection.

OR it's a ploy to get you to break up with him so he doesn't look like the bad guy.

How often do you compliment him? What exactly do you say? Try telling him he's good, instead of giving him the silent treatment. Tell him he's handsome, or cute, or hawt, or something. Tell him he's good at fixing the house, or cooking, or whatever he does. Why would you hold back compliments?
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

Maybe he wanted to make an excuse, in a way that he wanted to break up with you. Well, make your post more detailed so that we can advice you detailed as well.