+ Follow This Topic

Thread: first date since end of 3 year relationship!!

first date since end of 3 year relationship!!

Hello! So tomorrow night i will be going on my first date since the end of my last 3-year long relationship (it ended about 2 months ago). We are going for ice cream then back to his place to watch a movie. I was really looking forward to it until tonight, when i got extremely nervous. I've never really been on a first date since i had already known my last bf for so long. I was wondering if it is normal to feel this way? Is it bad that I don't feel excited anymore? I know i'm not exactly ready to enter a serious relationship right away because i'm still getting over trust issues from my last relationship (it ended horribly), but is it ok for me to just hang out with some guys? I'm also really worried about what is going to happen back at his place. I'm not a "first date kinda girl" if you know what I mean and i'm really not too sure how to set boundaries without actually bringing it up or making things awkward. I've really never experienced this before so I would love your advice!!

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Don't go back to his place on a first date. Unless you've known him for a while before vous started dating?
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

i've been talking to him for about a month because we work in the same building so i see him everyday. this is the first time we are hanging out alone though