+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Should i date a 16 year old?

Should i date a 16 year old?

Hi im a 24 year old male. I met this girl a few days a go. She's very beautiful and we struck up a friendly conversation and seemed to be getting along. I managed to get her number. I have since found out that this girl is only 16. I live in the UK and the age of consent is 16. I have always said i would never get involved with anyone under 18 but that was until i met this girl. She doesn't look 16 but about 18ish. Thats why i approached her. I just dont know what to do i think im beginning to develop some feelings for her but i dont know if thats right. I would like to date her but i would not force her into anything she didn't want. It would be a relationship that i would want to take at a snails pace. I would let her lead the way and i wouldn't control her. Most people think that older guys who date younger girls are doing it to make themselves feel better and to control them. I'm not like that i approached this girl because she looked friendly and approachable. I didn't approach her because of her age.

Thanks for any replies

She's 16? Dude, find someone older (at least 18) or wait a few years. You'll be considered a pedofile. I think the situation you put yourself in is really sketchy. You're 8 years apart. I wouldn't if I were you. Is there any reason why you can't find someone older?
    Last edited by Raze; 11-08-09 at 02:13 AM.
    I will do my best to reply with an educated, humble and honest answer. Ultimately, it is up to you whether you want to listen to my advice or ignore it completely. Sometimes, my advice may be wrong; occasionally, it will be right. Regardless, I want to do my best to give people answers they are seeking.

If she's mature minded and has her head screwed on right and it's legal, why not?

I don't care about the age if she's mature and you're not having sex, but you've only known her a few days. I'd get to know her a little more first before getting into a relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Durian View Post
    If she's mature minded and has her head screwed on right and it's legal, why not?
    I think at age 16, she needs her parents' consent to date a dude who is 24. Plus if he had sex with her, that would statatory rape (sorry, my spelling is bad).
    I will do my best to reply with an educated, humble and honest answer. Ultimately, it is up to you whether you want to listen to my advice or ignore it completely. Sometimes, my advice may be wrong; occasionally, it will be right. Regardless, I want to do my best to give people answers they are seeking.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Raze View Post
    I think at age 16, she needs her parents' consent to date a dude who is 24. Plus if he had sex with her, that would statatory rape (sorry, my spelling is bad).
    He's from the UK. Re-read his post.

I have a child with an older guy and when i met him i was 16 and he was quite older than me. we were very happy but things just started going wrong. but i dont think the age really matters. if you really like the girl then dont worry about it.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by helpless View Post
    I have a child with an older guy and when i met him i was 16 and he was quite older than me. we were very happy but things just started going wrong. but i dont think the age really matters. if you really like the girl then dont worry about it.
    What went wrong?

Lovelost... it's a gamble no matter what you do. Perhaps later on, age may not matter as much, but right now, she is still undergoing psychological development, mental changes... essentially she is still in the transition from a child to an adult. This means that her perspectives of you and the world around her will change considerably in a relatively short amount of time. Her feelings for you will change too... maybe she'll become more fond of you, or maybe she'll wonder what she saw in you. There is no way to predict the outcome, and nothing you can do to keep this from happening. Either she'll still have feelings for you in a couple of years or she won't.

Also take into consideration your own needs in a relationship. Can she be your intellectual and emotional equal? Can she keep up with what you say and how you feel? or will you have to spend more time trying to explain things pertaining to the relationship to her? A relationship needs to have the workload distributed equally... not just the benefits.
    "The weakest soul, knowing its own weakness, and believing this truth that strength can only be developed by effort and practice, will, thus believing, at once begin to exert itself, and, adding effort to effort, patience to patience, and strength to strength, will never cease to develop, and will at last grow divinely strong."

- James Allen

I'm essentially unchanged from when I was 16, just more polished.

There's no telling what this girl is like.

He'll have to make the call.

you're too old to date her, just saying. like if my daughter was dating someone much older than her like that i would definitely not approve.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]so you lost a limb but hell, you will heal in time.

Should i date a 16 year old?
    In my opinion: yes.

Why?

The long answer:

Because appearantly you are not mature enough to make up your own mind and have to come to a forum like this to ask for opinions OR you post here because you're an attention seeker OR you posted your question here for any other of the numerous reasons I could think of (like a 'shock' effect), none of them related to having a 16 year old girlfriend. Either way, none of those reasons would be considered mature.

The short answer:

You're both at the same maturity level and it's legal in your country, so.. go for it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    whoa.. i never had 16 year old pussy before... damn.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Tastes like chicken, so I'm told.

Thanks for the replies guys. I have been told on numerous occasions that i am immature because of the way i act and because of my sense of humour. I have several friends who are of my age and older who are dating 16/17 year olds and they seem to be doing fine. I suppose i will just have to see how it goes as everyone and every situation is different. If i were to have a relationship with her i would like to take it extremely slowly because i dont want to disrupt a vital time in her life. Not just her development stage but her school work as well. Hopefully the possible "haters" would have more respect for me because i'm willing to accept the situation is sensitive and needs to be handled carefully.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast