+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A girl I like

The age gap is a matter of opinion Jel1983. She is not a child, she is an adult so there is no law against you for dating someone that age. It is perfectly fine. you really need to work on your self esteem issues....even if you don't date this girl, at least you can develop your confidence by hanging out with her as a friend.

So, better finding a girl same as your age, or a girl that's not very young for you.
    Or else divert your attention to other things, because I know that you were hurt when you found out that she already have a boyfriend.
    But if you really like her, then for now the wisest thing to do is to stay friends with her and wait until the time she'll broke up with her boyfriend.
    That's your time to shine

Sorry for the long delay in replying. A lot has happened to me in past few weeks (My dad died 5 weeks ago)
    It turned out she did not or does not have a bf
    Any way I asked this girl out last night and she said she wants to think about it I am not going to be pushy. Her reaction was that she hardly knows me. But I said how about we go on a date and get to know each other at which point she said she wants to think about it. Does it mean she is intrested in me and just playing hard to get or that she wants to think how to let me down gentley

Sorry for you loss....must have been a very difficult time for you. Kudos to you for striking forward and living life.

Anyways since she wants to "think about it", you can give it an allotted time. Say a week or two. If you get the same answer or another excuse, then take it as a "No I'm not interested".

Me personally if I had that kind of answer.....it's a no.

Every girl is different... one might be playing hard to get, one might be looking for an excuse to let you down gently, one might not be sure how she feels and does need a little time to think about it. At 20 she might be playing the hard to get game... I know I did with a guy I was seeing when I was 20.
    You mentioned before about the age thing... my only reservation about that is if you do end up going on a date, or in a relationship, make sure you want the same things out of it. Save yourself any unnecessary heartbreak further down the road if you want to settle down and she isn't ready for that.
    Good luck anyway.

And sorry to hear about your dad.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12