+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A girl I like

A girl I like

I need advice I volunteer at a charity organisation every Sunday and there is this girl who volunteers too who I like.

�The first problem I have is I am soon to be 29 and she is soon to be 20 (she'll be 20 before I am 29) is that too big an age gap. I don't feel 29 I feel like �a 20 year old.�

2nd problem is I have never kissed a girl since except once when I was 12, and that was because she dared me to.

I am still a virgin. I have never found the right girl to get close to.

So I don't know what to do. �How do I ask her out without seeming sleazy.�

I think she likes me because she laughs at ALL my jokes even the unfunny ones. ( and not in a sarcastic way), compares me to a famous actors with the same first �name and always chooses to sit next to me. Are these signs she likes likes me or am I reading too much into this.

I am looking for a companion someone to hang out with but someone who I could call my girlfriend but �take things very slow.�

�given the big age gap If I ask her out (and it just transpires that she likes me as a friend and is just being very friendly) I don't want her to ruin any chance of friendship. I hardly know her

She may already have a boyfriend and I firmly believe that it is wrong to take another guy's girl unless she is deeply unhappy with that guy. �

A lot of people when they meet me think I am 23/24 so she may think that I am 23/24. I am still ID'd �and if she discovers my true age she may go of me.
    Last edited by Jel1983; 29-07-12 at 01:31 AM.

ok , about the age, for me it's not a problem, even if there is a gap so what ...

Just be your self, if she have the same feelings she will let you know, BUT don't develop your feelings until you know that she is ready for a relationship, if not you'll just accumulate an other deception.

Thanks for replying. Yes my friends say not to fret about the age gap.
    But the way she behaves towards me are these signs she likes me
    (laughing at my jokes even ones that are not very funny, sitting next to
    Me comparing me to actors with the same first name as me.)

What about she likeing me because she laughs at ALL my jokes even the unfunny ones. ( and not in a sarcastic way), compares me to a famous actors with the same first �name and always chooses to sit next to me. Are these signs she likes likes me or am I reading too much into this.

all what you said is a good evidence , but not enough, and the most important is to ask your self what do you expect from her, a serious relationship, sex, to be just a friends, be pragmatic.

Some girls her age have the daddy complex and go for the older dudes....this could be looking good for you. Just ask her out, like something simple as going out for coffee or dessert somewhere. If that goes well ask her out to a movie, then work your way up to the more expensive dates. Never ever over do it with the money spent on a date. This way you will know if she is going out with you for you and not your wallet.

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    Some girls her age have the daddy complex and go for the older dudes....this could be looking good for you. Just ask her out, like something simple as going out for coffee or dessert somewhere. If that goes well ask her out to a movie, then work your way up to the more expensive dates. Never ever over do it with the money spent on a date. This way you will know if she is going out with you for you and not your wallet.
    I like your analysis .

I got that one from Tom Leykis :-) Blow me up Tom!!

Ok never mind I just discovered she already has a boyfriend oh well. even though her Facebook pge says single

Thanks everyone for their advice.
    Last edited by Jel1983; 29-07-12 at 03:59 AM.

Actually her having a BF can mean jack squat. She is not married and is still fair game. It's possible she is thinking of ending her relationship, and flirting with the idea of moving on.....you just never know. Just play it kool, maybe something will happen down the road. Just don't get stuck in the friends zone. You want to give the impression that you are untouchable by acting distant.....increases desire.

I feel really embarrassed now I took something on her Facebook page to mean she has a bf I am not going to go into details.

I am just going to pluck up the courage to ask her out. I am not going to see her for a week or so because of the Olympics which is a shame as I am of from work next week.

I guess asking her out on Facebook is not a good idea. The only reason not because I can't wait but because I'm of from work next wek and have free time. I thought about taking her to an art gallery since she seems interested in that.

Ask her for her number on FB then call her, and ask her out.

"Pluck up the courage" you English are so funny.....here in Canada we say "grow some balls" or "grow a set" lol oh and the newest "man up!"

i find you weird dude. and i dont believe you that much. never kissed and shit?

and i think you need to grow up, that girl is to young for you.

you need to be thinking about serious steps in life and she is not at the age to think about that to.

find someone more in your age.

but since she is not underage you can ask her. but still i find it not a good idea!

ANd she can just find your jokes funny, that have noting to do with like you

I think you are right,I think she is too young for me. The more I think about it.

But just because I never kissed a girl does NOT make me weird. I am very shy amongst girls.i don't care you don't believe me it's the truth.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast