+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Im new to this but really need help

Im new to this but really need help

My girlfriend and I have been together for 3 years and 4 months. About a month before we got together I had just gotten out of a 3 1/2 year relationship and she had just gotten out of a 2 year relationship. Personally I think it started as a rebound for both of us, due to the fact we were both sexual people and needed certain needs satisfied. Soon afterwards I found myself getting more and more attached and developing some serious feelings for her. I met her family and was immediately accepted, I mean for example, this past Christmas I went on a family vacation with them. But for the past eight months or so there has been a serious strain on our relationship. We have both been under tremendous stress lately and I understand that can have some effect but our sex life has gone down the drain, there is no intimacy between us, and I feel like she doesn't even want to touch me.

Now I am also currently unemployed (although I am trying very hard to find work), but she makes sure that I get what I need (clothes, shampoo, etc...). She also gets me things I don't need, but its always material things. I can't remember the last time we had a real kiss, or just laid down and held each other. That's all for now, my thoughts have become too disorganized to write anymore.

Sexual people?what is that. Andrelationship that is build on sexual will end when there is no sexual.

Don't tell this to us, tell it to her.

I have told her but it seems to go in one ear and out the other. And the relationship started out not based on sex but we both have (had) high sex drives.

Sounds like the relationship is comfortable. Time to add some spice perhaps? Things never stay the same forever, once the honeymoon period passes, you see what is really left. You're still together, so that is a good thing, but maybe its time to think outside the box.

Show her you love her, don't tell her. When is the last time you did something genuinely spontaneous and romantic?

Well I know she loves getting her feet rubbed, so at least once (quite often more) I just randomly grab lotion and give her an in depth foot massage. So I guess its been quite a while since I have done something spontaneously, but with the lack of employment its kind of hard.

Quote Originally Posted by KingNobody View Post
    Well I know she loves getting her feet rubbed, so at least once (quite often more) I just randomly grab lotion and give her an in depth foot massage. So I guess its been quite a while since I have done something spontaneously, but with the lack of employment its kind of hard.
    Love requires thought, not money.

She might need to see you active and doing things when you aren't looking for work. Like chores and house maintenance on your home or even with relatives. When you are looking for work, provide her with every detail of your day and ask her advice so it seems like she is right there with you in the experience. Also do things with your friends so she has space and it doesn't seem like you are at the house doing nothing.