+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Can't sleep..need someone to listen PLEASE! :(

Can't sleep..need someone to listen PLEASE! :(

Hi everyone!
    I was doing really well for the past week or so since the break up, but tonight is oddly being extremely difficult. I can't stop crying long enough to be able to fall alseep. So I thought maybe if I vent a little, I will be able to sleep.

My bf and I dated for 10 months. We were friends for about a year, but last summer hung out a lot, before he told me he liked me. He pursued me hard and convinced me to give him a chance. The first 6-7 months of our dating was perfect. Then he got really busy at work, and within a month of us arguing a little over this, he ended it. We work together, so I still have to see him everyday. Sometimes we still talk if we are alone at work. He has the same story of he can't handle the stress of a relationship right now, he didn't want to be a crappy bf blah blah. He said he never thought I really saw him as a long term bf...that I didn't like him that way...but that wasn't a reason for breaking up. He says he still misses me, but tries not to think about it too much.

Tonight we ran into each other at the gym, and he offerred to walk me to my bus stop. We just talked for a bit...then he said goodbye. I miss those conversations soooo much...everytime we talk, I have such a good time and I never want it to end. It sooo hard to say goodbye for me. So when he said bye, I got a little mad and it showed. And he HATES it everytime I get mad.

It is soooo hard for me to imagine the boy who went sooo out of his way to date me, and who would text me goodnight every night, won't even reply to my texts anymore it breaks my heart. Even his behaviour at work seems soooo cold...like we have had no history.. if i talk and linger a little too long at his desk..he looks at and asks "is there anything else?". He says when he's at work, he has to act cold, and not look at me, or talk to me too much..because then he misses me. He said this one night when we just decided to have a talk.

There was so little wrong in our relationship. I feel so blindsighted that he just ended such a good thing that he worked so hard to get. I can't imagine any other boy taking this decision. And why does this always happen to me??? Seeing him everyday and not being able to be with him is heartbreaking. What do I do now?? I want things to be like when we first started dating ... we liked each other soooo much! How does a person go from one day telling you completely honestly that he likes you a lot and cares for you, to ending it just a few weeks later?? I don't understand this. And except the two times we had a talk, and he said this is hard for him too..rest of the time, all of this seems so easy for him. How is all of this sooo easy for him?? I just keep trying to talk to him whenever I see him alone..hoping to fix it. I don't know why it ended!!

Most days I let it go, but tonight I really need some support. I know you may have heard me talk about this before...but just anything that will help me make some sense of this and gain some peace tonight is all I am asking for.

Thank you for listening.... Hope

Hey your not the only one feeling down tonight. Today I just felt really down with this girl. I decided to text her asking if its cool if she didn't want to talk, and that I have been texting her quite a bit lately. Asking if it bother her. Basically making a fool of myself.

I'm reluctant to admit this, but over the past few months I went through a protracted breakup of my first post-divorce relationship. I was married 17 years, then with my new GF over 2 years, fell in love with her and really thought we'd end up married. Instead things fell apart over since Christmas, and especially after her best friend (her dog - I've posted a little on this and never gave this detail, but that's it) died a few months ago. I'm dating again, been out with several women and talking to several others, but in private I really struggle and have a little break down almost every day. Often at at work I have to just go in the bathroom and cry, or go walk the stairwell from the basement to the top floor and back to get away from everyone and keep my head straight. I pretty much only sleep because I'm worn out, and I still wake up thinking about her every day. I hate that.

My guy friends who knew about the relationship (and most know her) all she wasn't good for me, jerked me around, and I shouldn't let it bother me. They see her as just a rebound relationship that was doomed from the start. My girl friends are supportive though the ones who are also her friends won't take sides, though one did reveal privately recently that ex-GF actually annoys her though they still hang out. I'm just hoping that time, throwing myself into my work, kids, projects around the house, working on my car, etc. and some light dating (not ready for anything serious yet, and I let my dates know that up front) and going out socializing will heal things.

I'm in the same situation like you, I've been in a wonderful, long-distance, tragic, complicated relationship for 6 months with this girl (yes we did meet, and it was wonderful, magical and we felt intense emotions), all of a sudden she just breaks up with me for no reason.

No matter how much I begged her to at least give me an explanation, she didn't tell me.

I shall have no peace until then...