+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Does a woman not respect herself if she pays for a trip to meet a guy?

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    I bet money on it that he really didn't think you were easy bc you went off to visit some guy....he didn't like being rejected by you and he was such a sore loser about it he just turned on you for doing it. His comment was just pulled out of his ass to belittle you.
    True dat.

(btw smackie, is your new signture a reference to those WW2 posters? I think it's 'keep calm and carry on'. I used to have one in my kitchen, right next to another one which said 'now panic and freak out'. )
    "... Tread softly because you tread on my dreams"

Some guy at my work was out of town on a job, and brought back dog tags he got made up for me that had that on it.....maybe there wasn't enough room for the "and" part. These days everything is shortened.

Maybe it cost more for the 'and'.. I had a champagn bottle engraved recently for a friend's engagement, the guy at the cobblers (who for some reason also engraved stuff and cut keys) charged per word - every 'and' 'on' and 'from' I could get rid of was gone in a second.

I looked at it and there is no more room...he had other stuff put on it as well as that quote.....it's possible it's a generic thing already on it.

why did he bring you dog tags anyway? I'm pretty sure that counts as jewellery, and I'm pretty sure giving a girl jewellery means he loves you.

(sorry for temporarily derailing this thread guys, but as you can see this is some pretty important shit.)

LOL! no when staff goes away they bring back souvenirs like key chains and crap. I have been given key chains from all over the world actually.

The tags were made up in collaboration with another co-worker as a joke. I have been with my company for almost 23 years......we are like one big crazy family...which make my job a little nicer and the reason why I have been working there for this long.....it's a stressful job so it's great to work with awesome people.....it takes the edge off.

D'aaaw, that sounds nice... just not as interesting as a symbol of undying love from one fella to his co-worker though.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    bzzzzzzzz *swat* Indie: WHY do you care so much
    Oh please. I don't. LOL. We've been over this. You aren't anywhere in my league to try to swat. If I truly turned my sights on you, it would be like blasting a gnat w/a laser cannon.

You are the one pointed out my post and told the OP to ignore (which you then deleted--note the edit). Want us to go get the original post for you?
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

You simply responded before I had a chance (the deleted post) so I deleted and re-posted to include your comments.
    You can get the original comment if you want. I wasn't trying to hide anything.
    This isn't a competition. I really don't care if I'm the "gnat" (in your opinion) and you're the superior bug around here. I'm here to give my opinionated opinion

I still wonder why you care so much about what I have to say and what I care to delete or keep posted though... for what it's worth it was You who told me to stop putting "snip" in my posts I've changed my mind about and just delete them. As you're fond of saying "shrug"

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    WU - you could have simply apologized for telling the OP to ignore my post. It was rude. End of.

But I'll give you the graceful out. It was probably me that responded to your post too quickly... even tho you *did* make that post. Sorry about pointing out your rude post. Next.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

The bolded part is what makes me think you may be lacking in the self-worth department. Not the fact that you went on paid-for-with-your-own-money trip. It's the fact you felt that he was the only person in your life who could make you feel safe and sane. That you were relying on him ~ someone you didn't even know, really.

I, like Smackie wonder why if you had room-mates that were driving you insane that you wouldn't just use the money for first and last months rent (priorities after all) on a new place and then, when you'd re-cooped that expense, gone on a nice Vay-kay to a resort to unwind. It's not about who paid for the trip (as the dude without morals and integrity suggests) but rather about the reasons why you went on your trip that make me wonder if you're okay.
    I just needed to get far away. This guy in other country was, obvisouly, completely unconnected to all the crap that was going on in my life at the time and I needed a full departure because all the primary people in my life at the time I had issue of one kind or another (not of my doing). I felt like everyone wanted a piece of me and wouldnt leave me alone. I felt bombarded and some seriously bad shit was coming out of some of it as I mentioned I needed to get the police involved in one case. I had had enough and wanted a temporary respite and I had a good amount of money at the time so I didnt need to worry about moving-out money too... I just needed a break from the whole area. Does that make sense to anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    WU - you could have simply apologized for telling the OP to ignore my post. It was rude. End of.

But I'll give you the graceful out. It was probably me that responded to your post too quickly... even tho you *did* make that post. Sorry about pointing out your rude post. Next.
    I didn't tell her to ignore your post, I told her to ignore MY post (the question therein) because I read her posting history and it explained the answer to my question.
    I think this is just a matter of mis-reading. *I added the Ignore "^^^" because I thought I was pointing at my own post but you had posted before I could hit "save" so I changed the wording ... O.o Gah!

[quote]
    Quote Originally Posted by lovemuffin View Post
    I just needed to get far away. This guy in other country was, obvisouly, completely unconnected to all the crap that was going on in my life at the time and I needed a full departure because all the primary people in my life at the time I had issue of one kind or another (not of my doing). I felt like everyone wanted a piece of me and wouldnt leave me alone. I felt bombarded and some seriously bad shit was coming out of some of it as I mentioned I needed to get the police involved in one case. I had had enough and wanted a temporary respite and I had a good amount of money at the time so I didnt need to worry about moving-out money too... I just needed a break from the whole area. Does that make sense to anyone?
    What you've been saying is the same thing to everyone. It's understood why, in your mind going to him is justified. That is really all that matters. My observation was stated just so that you learn to distance yourself from assholes before you think that they are your friends... that's all. If you believe that you do, indeed distance yourself from assholes as soon as they present themselves to be such, then thats great and it's a sign of someone with lots of self-esteem.
    Last edited by Wakeup; 04-09-12 at 07:14 AM. Reason: to add second quote and reply

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I didn't tell her to ignore your post, I told her to ignore MY post (the question therein) because I read her posting history and it explained the answer to my question.
    I think this is just a matter of mis-reading. *I added the Ignore "^^^" because I thought I was pointing at my own post but you had posted before I could hit "save" so I changed the wording ... O.o Gah!
    Oh, in that case its MY bad. Sorry about that Wakeup.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by TheCafeTerrace View Post
    D'aaaw, that sounds nice... just not as interesting as a symbol of undying love from one fella to his co-worker though.
    Wow a 5 dollar dog tag...what does that really say lol,

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Oh, in that case its MY bad. Sorry about that Wakeup.
    That's okay, I'm sorry as well for being confusing.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123