+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Not sure how to deal with this issue

Not sure how to deal with this issue

Ok a few days ago in the morning my gf is taking off to work and says can you take the dog out to pee. Yeah sure no problem right? But no! I can't stand it when she insists on reminding me every single day. I'm a grown man and don't need to be reminded of my responsibillitys. I told her exactly that. I didn't say it in a harsh tone but it was stern. Minor incident right? No! She hasn't spoken to me since. I sent her a text today saying can we just get over the ailing treatment already? She text me back say you frustrate me and I don't want to say anything because you'll lash out at me. Its been like this for four days already. I hate coming home and feeling uncomfortable that's exactly how she makes me feel. I'm 28 she's 25 but she doesn't seem to listen to any advice I give her even if I have experience in something and I'll give pointers on how to it better she'll I can do it by myself jeez leave me alone. I'm tired of her telling me to leave me alone we are a couple we need to work things out. I'm looking for possibly someone who has been in this situation before, what advice do you have?

I meant silent treatment

It sounds like you think you're better than her. 28 and 25 doesn't mean you're more experienced than her, unless you're in the same field and you literally have more experience. She doesn't want a father, she wants a boyfriend.

Do you have anger issues? Sounds like this is something that has probably happened in the past and has built up to this. Give her space and let her talk to you. If someone won't talk about it, you can't force them, so just go about your relationship as normal until she says something.

Im not going to just cower down like a dog and say im sorry. Theres got to be a better way, if i say im sorry a month maybe two then she will do it again.

How long have you two been living together? Maybe this is just the usual power struggle that happens in the early months after moving in together.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

about four months now

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by menix83 View Post
    Ok a few days ago in the morning my gf is taking off to work and says can you take the dog out to pee. Yeah sure no problem right? But no! I can't stand it when she insists on reminding me every single day. I'm a grown man and don't need to be reminded of my responsibillitys. I told her exactly that. I didn't say it in a harsh tone but it was stern. Minor incident right? No! She hasn't spoken to me since. I sent her a text today saying can we just get over the ailing treatment already? She text me back say you frustrate me and I don't want to say anything because you'll lash out at me. Its been like this for four days already. I hate coming home and feeling uncomfortable that's exactly how she makes me feel. I'm 28 she's 25 but she doesn't seem to listen to any advice I give her even if I have experience in something and I'll give pointers on how to it better she'll I can do it by myself jeez leave me alone. I'm tired of her telling me to leave me alone we are a couple we need to work things out. I'm looking for possibly someone who has been in this situation before, what advice do you have?
    Geez you sound like a baby, not a grown man. Seriously. Grown ups know how to ask for what they want. Your post pretty much screamed "Don't tell *me* what to do!". That's damn insecure and unattractive. If you find her daily reminder to take the dog for a pee (have you ever forgotten?) annoying, then just suggest a schedule of responsibilities. Personally, I like the even/odd calendar day arrangement.

E.g. tomorrow is Monday the 10th. If I'm the 'even day' person, then its my job that am to do x,y,z (e.g. make coffee, the kids lunches, take the dog for a pee). The next day is the other person's turn.

Or, if you prefer, you can just be resentful and argue all the time. Do you want to be right, or do you want to solve the problem? Assuming that's really the problem (I suspect from your post there may be other issues). Anyway, hope that helps. Good luck.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh