+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: best CLASSY ways to let a guy know what I'm interested and not be "friend zoned"?

ahaha you guys are killing me. xD Unfortunately, I'm not looking for a superficial relationship with this guy LOL

Quote Originally Posted by haxan View Post
    What major is that? Clueless and avoiding the topic, I'd guess law school?
    Hmm don't want to reveal too much about myself here (in case someone I know is creepin... EEP!), but it's something with a similar enough atmosphere to law school.

Hopefully the right situation where I can ask him to hangout one-on-one comes up..! It's pretty hard to catch him alone, unless it's passing him in the hallway (which obviously isn't the right situation LOL).
    Last edited by aleyvu; 20-11-12 at 03:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sixpacj View Post
    No, I hate to disagree but no, not really.
    Huh? What's wrong with dressing a bit sexy to intrigue the guy you like? Now you're just disagreeing for its own sake...

Or because he's an idiot.

Weeelll, I'm not trying to intrigue in THIS thread at least. I'm just asking how to let him know, and only him, without attracting a pack of males. haha

Quote Originally Posted by aleyvu View Post
    Weeelll, I'm not trying to intrigue in THIS thread at least. I'm just asking how to let him know, and only him, without attracting a pack of males. haha
    You're putting way too much thought into it.

Pay him some extra attention, that's it. If he responds, he's into you, if not, then he's probably not.

You don't have to ask him out directly, wear a wonder bra or wriggle into a mini skirt. Just flirt with him in a normal girly, female way without thinking about it. If that doesn't work, find another man of interest.
    ...as ancient astronaut theorists would suggest

Hey nothing wrong with adding some competition.

I'm in college; I like to stay classy and keep anything too sexual out of this.

Guy's opinions on this?

Hopeful guy is an merely an acquaintance or light friend. What is the best/safest way to become close to this guy without being friend zoned? And what are the best non-creepy/non-threatening/nonsexual ways to let a guy know that I'm interested, without directly saying "I'm interested in you"? Under what kind of circumstances should "I'm interested in you" be said? Is there a better way to say it?

/questions galore LOL
    Ask him out for coffee, that'll work.

The friend zone sucks, i'm sorry you are going through it. My ex and I went through the same thing, she told me she was scared straight to tell me how she felt. My advice to you is to become better friends. Hangout more, talk more, vent to him and see if you get any response. You will know if he is not interested by the way he talks to you or looks at you ect. becoming better friends will show more signs of what he thinks about you. When you feel the time is right, say how you feel, or kiss him on the cheek ect. that will tell him something. If you don't see any signs don't worry, its amazing to have friends of the opposite sex to have. everyone knows that, you will find someone some day! I'm hoping it's him!

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    ahhh but you do likie....it's like you can't take your eyes off them (o)(o)
    yeah... I am more of an ass man, but yeah some men like tits. Showing off tits and ass is a signal to a male you want to ****, if you pardon my French, not that you want to have a long-term relationship.

Sure, lots of great relationships started off by way of quick sex... but I wouldn't say that's a "classy" way of showing your interest.

Quote Originally Posted by searock View Post
    Huh? What's wrong with dressing a bit sexy to intrigue the guy you like? Now you're just disagreeing for its own sake...
    Nothing wrong. As long as it's CLASSY. Read OP's question. She asked how she should show interest to him, not how to get him thinking about screwing her.

While all men need to find a woman sexy to fall in love, they don't fall in love with all the women they wanna ****. It takes something more.

Quote Originally Posted by Sixpacj View Post
    Nothing wrong. As long as it's CLASSY. Read OP's question. She asked how she should show interest to him, not how to get him thinking about screwing her.

While all men need to find a woman sexy to fall in love, they don't fall in love with all the women they wanna ****. It takes something more.
    Hey, thanks for understanding. Yeah while I appreciate the sex appeal replies, it's not the kind of answer I'm looking for. (I get sex appeal... LOL)

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    Hey nothing wrong with adding some competition.
    I'm actually more worried that he might think I already have my eyes on someone else/too good for him... so I hope not to add any competition, at the moment. I don't know how common this worry is though, so can't say for sure. There are a few guys here and there who have asked me out this past year, but I'm not personally interested in them. I have my eyes on this guy we're talking about.. and I'm sure he's aware that there are others who show interest in me, thus my worry. (Apologize if this might have sounded conceited at all- it was totally not my intention!)

I haven't been friend zoned yet, because we're not close enough to begin with right now. So far we're still on the acquaintance level, and hopefully something can work out...
    I'd also like to say that I'm not attracted to him for purely physical reasons, by any means. Though I'm sure that's clear enough by now haha
    Last edited by aleyvu; 21-11-12 at 05:04 PM.

You can dress sexy with class - I wasn't suggesting she dress like a sl*t or something. He doesn't even have to notice that she is dressing particularly sexy, it should be as natural and spontaneous as possible. So that he can appreciate what he sees, without thinking either that she is un-classy or that she is trying too hard.

Aleyvu, why haven't you asked him out yet?

Thanks searock- in my opinion, I do dress sexy with class. :] I like fashion, so I think that aspect is doing fine.

I figured that I need to get to know him better first before suggesting to hang out- and find out what his perspective on dating is.. in my major, it's /almost/ a taboo to date. So unless I'm 90% sure that we are both interested, I'll try not to get us into trouble/gossip. Hence my thread question "how to let him know I'm interested" and not "ways to ask a guy out" haha

I've still rarely had the chance to really talk with him on a personal level too. Most of it were group convos with comments and laughs here and there.

Being classy or sexy, if a guy is going to use you for sex, he is going to do so regardless of what image you are trying to portray.

You are stereotyping.

- just because a women desides she wants to attract a man by wearing something sexy doesn't mean she's got a mattress strapped to her back. It doesn't matter if the guy is thinking sex or not, he isn't the one to make the decision to have sex. A guy will think of banging a chick even if she is in her baggy sweats...it doesn't matter. There have been times guys have hit on me in the store when my hair is up and messy, not wearing any makeup.

I feel the poster has a poor image of guys and that they are all out to disrespect you if you protray yourself in a seductive manner. Sorry but guys are not neanderthals, dragging their nuckles on the ground. We are all sexual beings...it not a bad thing.

Aleyvu, the thing is that the best way to let him know that you are interested, and know if he is interested, is to ask him out. You have nothing to lose, right? You aren't friends or colleagues, you're just acquaintances who happen to be studying the same things. So why are you so reluctant/what are you afraid of?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast