+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Do you believe in limited chances..

Do you believe in limited chances..

As in, do you suppose after say 3 chances, one screwed up too many times and has to live in dwelling about those blown opportunities?

I mean, years ago, I had chances to enter a relationship possibly but perhaps I blew it. Since the amount was about 3, do you think that's like the baseball "strike out" analogy?

3 chances? That's nothing really, life is full of chances and opportunities every day. You get more than just 3. Let me quote Michael Jordan for you:

''I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed''

You need to be able to learn from rejection, to learn from failure. Not keep on dwelling about it.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You might only get three chances with the same person, but the world is full of people you can blow three chances on. Forget about blowing it years ago, and consider your lesson learned.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

No, you don't get only three chances.

If you're going to believe in superstitions, why not believe that there's "The One" out there for you somewhere instead?

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    You might only get three chances with the same person, but the world is full of people you can blow three chances on. Forget about blowing it years ago, and consider your lesson learned.
    Yeah, but what good is learning a lesson if one doesn't get the chance to apply what they learned?

On the other hand, I used to be arrogant AND not wear glasses: As we all know, glasses and humility are the SURE ways to get Friend Zone'd.

Quote Originally Posted by Love'sReject View Post
    On the other hand, I used to be arrogant AND not wear glasses: As we all know, glasses and humility are the SURE ways to get Friend Zone'd.
    Shut up gayboy. I wear glasses and i'm baw deep in punani.

Although I am an awesome cunt as well.

Quote Originally Posted by CoolStoryBro View Post
    Shut up gayboy. I wear glasses and i'm baw deep in punani.
    You're only baws deep in baws, bro.

Good to Know

How many frogs have I kissed, went on a date with, had texting me, asked me out, I turned down, they turned me down, I dumped them, they dumped me, realized not interested in. I would say probably over 1000. Some were sleazy, some were scum, some were addicts, some were no fun lol I could right a poem haha..

There are billions of people in the world OP. You are not going to be interested in every person that is interested in you and vice versa. You could go on 1million first dates and realize your not interested in all of them or you could go on one and fall head over heals in love. Its all about compatibility and putting yourself out there. Being open to possibilities and knowing what you want..

I don't believe in limited chances, just limited imagination.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

Yes, there is limits to chances, but the number of chances depends on the situation and what you are doing. For example, you have only one chance to fail to open your parachute.

maybe if you did not spend so much time whining on a forum, and actually went out to increase those chances, you would land yourself someone you can fall for. So instead of seeking attention for your blunders and some sort of sympathy, I would go apply that energy where it matters, and maybe you will have a thread that results in how you fell in love, or what is the best anniversary present, instead of, no one loves me, whats wrong with me, and so forth.

Lol. There's no hope. These kids today aren't my peers.
    Because we have to chase him. Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.