+ Follow This Topic

Thread: gf's guy friend situation

gf's guy friend situation

I'm in a serious relationship with my girlfriend. We are soon to be engaged. My soon to be fiance has a guy friend she has known for at least 5 years. Her guy friend lives in another country and they met online before we got together. He recently traveled to her country to meet her and give her christmas presents. I recently learned he calls her almost daily on the phone. I trust my girlfriend. She disclosed their friendship to me. Also, When he showed up for a surprise visit she declined to go out with him alone. What troubles me is she hasn't told him about us and she says she will once we are officially engaged. I would think if they are bff they would just naturally talk about things like that. She didn't even tell him when he showed up for the surprise visit. Any thoughts?

Weird! But its stupid not too ask her right away why? And log in too ask us strangers.

Maybe one or both have some kind of feelings for each other.
    And she want too risk that only when she knows for real u r engaged with her.

Like she is keeping her options open???
    Or she doesnt want too tell something before its shore.
    but again only her can tell so ask her why.

I did ask her. She got upset because she felt I didn't trust her when I asked about it. She basically said he's just a friend and by all accounts, my g/f treats their relationship as just that... just a friend. I do trust her, and I've got no real reason to suspect anything other than wondering why she hasn't said anything to him. The guy, of course, I think has ulterior motives which kind of annoys me. I think the g/f doesn't tell him maybe because as you said... keeping her options open. I kind of think she likes the attention and gifts and that could presumably change if he learned she was really not available. I've not asked her to stop talking to him or anything either. I was just hoping for some outside perspective.... when I think about his possible motivation to call almost daily, the only thing I come up with is he is in love with her.

I agree that it's likely he's in love with her. She hasn't told him about your relationship because she doesn't want to hurt his feelings. Apparently his feelings are more important than yours?

If he was truly 'just a friend', she would have told him all about you.