+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How does love work?

Quote Originally Posted by Love'sReject View Post
    One thing is for sure: you can't really be yourself and expect to get a girl. Girls are to be looked at scientifically; using biology, psychology and pick up artist tactics, you can succeed. It's also important to be oblique.
    Always be yourself no matter what, although most of the people I know pretended to be someone else just to get a girl, and it pisses me off that they succeded, while I can't do it even if I pretend to be someone else.

What does it mean to be oblique?

A good (female) friend of mine, who happened to be smoking hot and a great catch in many ways, once told me that the quality in a man that she valued most is integrity.

What you just said is all about that, so that is at least one thing you are doing right. Give us more reasons to like you, will you?

Quote Originally Posted by Billyman3000 View Post
    Always be yourself no matter what, although most of the people I know pretended to be someone else just to get a girl, and it pisses me off that they succeded, while I can't do it even if I pretend to be someone else.

What does it mean to be oblique?
    Here's a good example of why you can't really be yourself with a girl; I find guys are their real selves among buddies. Chicks expect special treatment. And then they complain when they notice your relationship isn't like your friendships with other guys and girls you aren't attracted to. Acting differently is a part of the relationship dynamic; otherwise, you'd be kissing, holding hands and having sex with your guy friends.

The keys to luring a girl in:

a) Be a flawless texter. Texting is basically a make or break. And you can't be just good at text conversation: you have to play the games. If you reply too soon, you scare the girl and look too eager.

b) Playing all games. This is where psychology will help you most. Girls moreso than men are pretty simple once you look at them scientifically.
    Because we have to chase him. Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

Quote Originally Posted by Guybrush View Post
    A good (female) friend of mine, who happened to be smoking hot and a great catch in many ways, once told me that the quality in a man that she valued most is integrity.

What you just said is all about that, so that is at least one thing you are doing right. Give us more reasons to like you, will you?
    Either she's lesbian or fictional. Or ugly, I suppose.
    Because we have to chase him. Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

Either she's lesbian or fictional. Or ugly, I suppose.
    Nope, very straight, very real and very good looking.

If you are not yourself in a relationship, and you do find somebody who loves you. You will know she loves the FAKE you, and you will feel unloved in the relationship. This feeling will end up destroying the relationship because you will end up acting out "as if" you are unloved. So you will feel justified in cheating, abusing, mistreating her, etc. This is why it is important to be the real you, no matter what a schmuck you happen to be.

Dating is pretty much manipulation: girls will manipulate you and you manipulate right back. Love is pretty rare; it's usually primal men thinking with their penises and girls wanting to boost their egos.

Here's some practical advice: the better looking, the more mentally ****ed up they are. It's sad but the more beautiful they are, the higher the chance they were abused, raped or exploited.

Quote Originally Posted by Guybrush View Post

Well, I'm just your average nice guy who is nice to girls and stuff. The only difference is I acknowledge that I'm the one who needs to change his attitude(grow some balls, in other words xD) and learn something about the dating scene, which I'm willing to :b

That's a good attitude. Just be careful in who you approach; we don't want diva bitches getting even more inflated egos after you try a move on them.

so, let me get this straight: you can be the most insecure guy in the world and still get girls as long as you have a positive attitude? Wow, awesome, my expectations are on top again!

I think all I need is luck, and no, sometimes luck is not when preparation meets opportunity, I need some real luck, because the mvp is nothing without the ball...
    The key is... be willing to try. Be willing to fail - and then be willing to try again and keep trying.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartIsAching View Post
    The key is... be willing to try. Be willing to fail - and then be willing to try again and keep trying.
    I have that attitude, but I never know what to do in front of a girl, I get all nervous and stuff...

Maybe have a shot of liquid courage prior to, to loosen up?

Maybe have a shot of liquid courage prior to, to loosen up?
    I don't drink alcohol...

By "oblique", I mean you have to be pretty vague. Point in fact: smackie even agrees. You have to be stoic; if you come across as too interested, you'll look too eager and when you look too eager, broads take to thinking you're clingy and desperate.

I don't drink alcohol...
    I hate to do the peer pressure thing - but you're a Brit. And Brits drink like we Aussies. For better or worse, it's part of our culture.

Girls like a guy who can share a bottle of wine over dinner...or who can have a drink with her and mates at the pub. Not saying you must drink, but you'll find it far more difficult if you're not having a couple of social ales.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast