+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Single for ages and now...a girl I like

Everything I've typed in these posts has been things that have happened in the last month or two. I just hope I'm not confusing her being friendly/nice towards me with her wanting something more (ie: go out on a date). Gulp. I'm terrible at reading these things.

I may post a draft of the email I want to send her on my last day. Hopefully someone could have a read through it and comment? Its going to be very short (couple sentences).

Wait, why the email, if you're going to ask her out tomorrow?

Last Friday she invited me out for tea again so I am meeting her for tea tomorrow (Monday). My last day is Thursday this week which is when I wanted to tell her I was interested in her via email.

I thought you agreed to tell her tomorrow, face to face. I think that's what you should do. Tomorrow during your tea, ask her out on a date.

Ummm, no. I don't think I can do it face to face! What would I say? My hearts racing just thinking about it...

Jeez. How much more indication do you need that she seems pretty interested in you? If she dropped her pants in front of you and said 'OK take me, big boy' I bet you'd still hesitate. Make a bloody move or she's doing to get bored and then you've blown it.

Quote Originally Posted by clueless1011 View Post
    Ummm, no. I don't think I can do it face to face! What would I say? My hearts racing just thinking about it...
    And then what? Are you going to email her during your date?

Hahah...

Lol, no.

What I was going to do tomorrow was just have a normal chat with her over a cup of tea. Nice and simple. On Thursday I was going to ask if she wanted meet up sometime after I had left the client (probably via email).

I was thinking of dropping a hint tomorrow during tea saying something like: I hope I can see you again once I have left the company.

Clueless, you need to ask her on a date tomorrow. Don't be "subtle", be direct and confident. She has given you all the signals that she is interested in you. Man up and just do it :-).

Quote Originally Posted by searock View Post
    Clueless, you need to ask her on a date tomorrow. Don't be "subtle", be direct and confident. She has given you all the signals that she is interested in you. Man up and just do it :-).
    Betya he screws it up or backs off. I'm not a betting man but sorely tempted to bet on this one going pear shaped.

Thanks, thats just the sort of support I came here looking for!!

This is perfect for you, because even in your worst case (her saying ''no''), you are leaving the client, so you'll not be seeing her anymore. There's no future awkwardness to worry about. I think you should just go for it, man. It must look extremely difficult in your eyes, but think about it: if you do it, you'll feel so much more confident in general. The fuss that you created about this is not real, it's just in your mind.

Quote Originally Posted by clueless1011 View Post
    Thanks, thats just the sort of support I came here looking for!!
    Look, just ask her on a bloody date and stop pissing about. We are not some support group for the inadequate.

So today I had tea with that girl. I was all fired up and ready to ask her out. My strategy? To have a chat over tea and then ask her out at the end.

Anyways, during the chat she mentioned she had a boyfriend so that was the end of that and I didn't ask her out. I feel pretty crap after that. ;-((

How could I have misinderstood or misinterpreted everything up to this point?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast