+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Cringey question - but how do I pursue something with a guy?

Cringey question - but how do I pursue something with a guy?

First things first, excuse my cringeworthy teen-type question, but I guess that's what these forums are for eh.

Okay so I work at a department store, and I work on Womenswear which is downstairs, and there is a guy that works in the same department store but works for Menswear which is upstairs. There are quite a lot of people our age that work there (18/19 years) which isn't really related but I'm just adding some back ground info.

Baaasically, I've never actually spoken to the guy properly, we exchange hello's and goodbye's when going in and out of work or having to walk through eachothers departments occasionally, and we seem to catch one another's eye quite a lot. Also we were both out on Christmas Eve at the same club and I caught him looking a fair few times, maybe 'cause I was looking too but who knows.

Obviously I'm attracted to him but my predicament is how exactly do I show this? How do I even begin to talk to him when we work on different departments? I feel like such a child asking this question as I'm not really classed as a teen anymore, but I'm just so awful at initiating anything romantic. I tend to be approached by men, or get looks from them, usually for my appearance (in the least big headed way possible I'm just trying to give you more background info) but it takes me a while to open up to them, or even to see a mutual attraction in them.

Oh AND may I add, I'm extremely fussy when it comes to finding a guy I actually want to give things a go with, and I've just recently gotten over a guy I'd been in a complicated situation with for 2 years so I'm just quite eager to try and give things a go with this new guy. He's also a good friend of one of my good friend's brother, which I found out recently.

ADVICE?

So have you tried, you know, talking to him?
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

Olivia, men love confident women.. he would be thrilled if you made the first move, I know I would be. The fact that he just looked at you twice, I doubt he would reject you. Play it slow and start with things like, he you're friends with my friends brother.. small world eh, how did you guys meet.. and exchange stories how you met the sister.. and chat about them and so on.. then eventually subjects will change and go from there.. Good Luck.

Yeah I think that's what I need to work on... confidence. Although I think I wouldn't actually have too much of a problem starting up a conversation like that, or just any kind of general conversation with him if we worked on the same department. But the problem is we don't, so we don't really get a chance to talk, just occasionally walking past one another. I think him and his friends go to the same local nightclub that I do sometimes (I know this because my friend who has the brother has mentioned that they go there sometimes) so I suppose if I see him on a night out might be easier to strike up a convo, have more of an excuse to talk to him.

Just go talk to the guy say hi how are you and let him take it from there. If Hes shy ask him to have a coffee with u during break time. Simple. Don't over analyze. If u ask him to have a coffe or lunch with you trust me he will not shut u down. Even I'f he is not interested he most likely is willing to make small talk.

From him constantly looking at you as you at him he is interested!

Try this. Next time u catch him looking at you blow him a kiss and watch his face turn red. It will put a smile on both your faces

yeah, i get what you say shaun.. but i think she does not want to put her self in a vulnerable situation.. in case the feelings are not mutual and she still has to work there, it may seem awkward for her. Even at work, say to him.. hey i saw you with my friends brother.. how do you guys know each other. Just that simple..

Give the guy a smile when you lock eye from across the room, look away, then do it again.....he will get the hint.

Don't underestimate yourself. Get his attention by talking to him. If he responds positively, you may even consider getting his phone number. Guys can be pussies. I can't tell you how many times, I thought a guy I was attracted to wasn't into me (just because he was not aggressively hitting on me) but then hear it from someone else or way later on that he likes me.

Quote Originally Posted by olivia_xo View Post
    First things first, excuse my cringeworthy teen-type question, but I guess that's what these forums are for eh.

Okay so I work at a department store, and I work on Womenswear which is downstairs, and there is a guy that works in the same department store but works for Menswear which is upstairs. There are quite a lot of people our age that work there (18/19 years) which isn't really related but I'm just adding some back ground info.

Baaasically, I've never actually spoken to the guy properly, we exchange hello's and goodbye's when going in and out of work or having to walk through eachothers departments occasionally, and we seem to catch one another's eye quite a lot. Also we were both out on Christmas Eve at the same club and I caught him looking a fair few times, maybe 'cause I was looking too but who knows.

Obviously I'm attracted to him but my predicament is how exactly do I show this? How do I even begin to talk to him when we work on different departments? I feel like such a child asking this question as I'm not really classed as a teen anymore, but I'm just so awful at initiating anything romantic. I tend to be approached by men, or get looks from them, usually for my appearance (in the least big headed way possible I'm just trying to give you more background info) but it takes me a while to open up to them, or even to see a mutual attraction in them.

Oh AND may I add, I'm extremely fussy when it comes to finding a guy I actually want to give things a go with, and I've just recently gotten over a guy I'd been in a complicated situation with for 2 years so I'm just quite eager to try and give things a go with this new guy. He's also a good friend of one of my good friend's brother, which I found out recently.

ADVICE?
    Ask him if he wants to get a cup of coffee with you. Oh wait - England... ask him if he wants to get a cup of tea with you.