+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Do you think I should pursue her or not?

Do you think I should pursue her or not?

Hey, I'm 14 and there's this girl I like in my History class who sits next to me. I could tell that she flirts with me sometimes, but through experience I've figured that a lot of girls are just "generally flirty". We only have one class together, and don't talk that much outside of school, yet when during the times we are together, I feel as if we really "click". But anyways, today she asked me if I liked somebody just out of the blue, and I didn't feel like telling her that I like her, so I said "Yeah i guess". So, expectantly, she dove in further and asked if "she was in this class" and I said No; yeah I know you're probably facepalming right now, but I lack logic when under pressure!

So my question is what do I do- pursue her or move on? I'm currently leaning towards the idea of moving on because 1) it's almost the end of the school year and we're moving on to high school next year, which means more people to meet and 2) we don't get to talk that much.

Mathias is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    This is beyond cute.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You type better than most of the posters double your age, so I will advise.

I don't see what harm there is in pursuing her, assuming you live in the same general area. You may just have a little summer fling, or maybe just a friend, but so what? You will gain in experience.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

I see no reason not to pursue? Signals from her are promsing, I say go for it.

Go for it, mate. whatever happens trust me it will be worth it. Next time you talk to her tell her your crush was in fact in that class! That could give you a good opening. She may wanna know more. Don't shy away from it. Plus unless she happens to be a regular friend any girl who asks me if I like someone I'd think has some interest in me.
    Last edited by jb1111983; 02-06-11 at 02:48 PM.

I'd pursue her - why not? What do you have to lose. And thanks for a well written post using real English.

I, as well, would like to say thank you for the well-written inquiry.

I think we are missing a key piece of information here, though. Do you like her? You said that you feel that you "click" with her when you talk in class, but you didn't say anything about whether you like her as anything more than a friend. I think the answer to that question should also be the answer to whether you pursue her.

Good luck.
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!

Quote Originally Posted by devonbrown View Post
    Do you like her? You said that you feel that you "click" with her when you talk in class, but you didn't say anything about whether you like her as anything more than a friend. I think the answer to that question should also be the answer to whether you pursue her.

Good luck.
    Yes I like her. Im just asking if I should pursue her because i barepy see her or talk to her. Also, how should go about asking her out, I just think itd be really awkward because when we see each other, other prople are always around.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You have to ask her when she's alone. Be casual about it. Just say something like "hey, do you want to hang out this summer? I like to go to the beach... wanna go sometime?" If she says no, just say something like "well, you can't blame a guy for trying", and laugh.

YOu are going to find out as you age that men have to be brave about these things and not be crushed at rejections. Expect that a lot of girls will say no, and some will say yes. It's not personal. It's the way of the world.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Yeah I think I'm just too afraid of rejection, as with most girls I've come across.

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    You have to ask her when she's alone. Be casual about it. Just say something like "hey, do you want to hang out this summer? I like to go to the beach... wanna go sometime?" If she says no, just say something like "well, you can't blame a guy for trying", and laugh.
    That's the thing though, she's rarely ever alone except when she's at her locker - middle school girls hang out in packs. Maybe I could say something like: "Hey you wanna hang out sometime? Maybe watch a movie?" AH, that just sounds so lame lol.