+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Ex is talking to me, but I feel like he is obligated to since I initiated comm?

Ex is talking to me, but I feel like he is obligated to since I initiated comm?

Well a guy and I dated for a very short amount of time, but we got to know each other really well and our personalities just meshed well too, even though we basically met when we first started dating/hanging out. It was toward the end of the school year so I knew it was not going to last long. He did not want any commitment over the summer, but we still talked the same way, so I told him I couldn't talk to him over the summer because I couldn't be just friends with him and talk flirtatiously. It only took him a month to miss me and we talked, but I met someone else over the summer whom I ended up dating. My ex and I gradually starting talking less and less and then in the fall, we did not talk all semester.

Last night, I was at a country concert (we both love country music), and I texted him asking if he went. We had a good text conversation that night during the concert. I had an all-access pass and I was able to meet the artists and be backstage. It seemed like he did not want to stop talking to me. There was a lot of teasing sarcasm in the conversation altogether and we texted until around 2 am when he fell asleep. When he did not want to talk to me (basically all semester), he did not send long texts or anything.

2 days later, he initiated the conversation, but I was with friends so I felt bad I could not talk to him as much as I wanted to. I was surprised that I got a text from him though but our conversations are pretty much the same as when we did date.
    We have had multiple conversations that last for hours via text so probably about 100+ texts in each one. The details of the text would take up too much room for you guys to read, but last night he came to my place because I had baked something. We brought up nostalgia sort of and we decided to have a playful wrestling match. When it happened, we definitely got close and he was on top of me more but still. Nothing happened but we talked and caught up since we did not talk for so long. He even texted me when he got back to his place until he fell asleep and even texted me really flirtatiously the next morning

I was really curious to know why he is all of a sudden wanting to talk to me like this all of a sudden, but when I asked him, he said "cause you started talking to me. That's all. I try to respond when people talk to me", so now after all this, I feel like he is obligated to talk to me. I mean I am not sure if he is just bored with himself (doubt it because he has A LOT of friends) or if he just feels sorry for me. His texts are long and it's the same way when we were dating.

I mean I am not sure if this is a joke or a charity case for him, but he treated me with disrespect before (like no communication at all after we broke up) and now he is like this again. Let me know what you guys think!

Do you have a bf right now? If you do-stop all contact with your ex. Its not fair to your bf. And i also think you should break up with your current bf if you still have one.

As for your ex-he dumped you once so why would you want to go back again? Why would he change his mind unless hes playing a game or messing with your head.

no I don't have a boyfriend at all

What are your instincts telling you? Do you trust him? Is he a player?

i haven't heard from him since like last Tuesday so I just wondering if you think he is playing me or just picking and choosing when he wants to contact me?

shesjustnotin2u Guest
    Chances' are he's bored or simply going through a rough patch and seeking for someone to talk to. Do you know if he was or is dating someone because he may be looking for a rebound? Or he may be playing games and want reassure that he's still got you when he needs someone to fall on.

He texted me today saying that a certain artist was performing in my city. I did not want to show that I was interested in talking to him so the conversation between us was only having 4-5 texts total. He just enjoys to small talk but I made sure that I was not there for him when he only chooses to talk to me at his convenience.