+ Follow This Topic

Thread: So...I feel obligated to go out with this guy...should I?

So...I feel obligated to go out with this guy...should I?

Like I mentioned in my previous thread, I've chosen the first guy compared to the second guy. I'm just waiting for him to ask me out. I don't have much feelings for him, I am grateful of what he did to me. He helped me a lot, probably the one who treated me the best out of all the guys who liked me. Even if I reject him twice, he still talk to me. When others make fun of me in a fun way, he would yell back at them if he think they go far. When I need help @ work, he would always help me even if he's doing something. I know that if I date this guy, then I would probably be really lucky. He would not get into fights with me or try to get me mad. The thing is, I don't have those feelings with him. I probably decide to go out with him under the pressure of others and what he did to me. (His friends and my friends keep encouraging us to be together, we hang out in a big group). If I don't go out with him, people will think that I'm using him because he helps me a lot. I'm not though. This Christmas Eve, I hang out with him and his friends along with my friends. My friends kept walking faster and faster with his friends. I had to walk with him and it doesn't really feel awkward. He just keep saying things like "I'm sorry...I bet you feel uncomfortable". I already told them not to do this...etc. I kept telling him it's okay, even though I'm a little annoyed already. After a while, we just talked about random things. Then he put his hand on my shoulder and I didn't want to be impolite since he's a nice guy, so I let him do that. I did ask him to put his hand away. His friends and my friends went oohhhh and things like that. Now, it seemed like if I don't go out with him, I'm leading him on. They think that I have feelings for him because I put my hand on him.
    Last edited by Riko2011; 27-12-11 at 01:34 PM.

If you don't like him in that way....don't date him. It's simple. If you date him, you are only going to be causing drama and problems.

If you don't want to date him, then don't. You can't force yourself to have feelings for someone when there are no feelings.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)