+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Lost my confidence

Lost my confidence

After my one and only relationship ended after seven years, because of a psychic's magical reading which basically told my girlfriend that I wasn't good enough... (along with a lot of other random made up crap)

I have basically went back to how I was when I was a teenager, super reserved and timid. I haven't so much as talked to a girl my age since I became single. I don't really feel like I'm worthy of other people's time.

There is one girl who I work with, who seemed interested.. The first time she talked to me, well only time, she was very friendly.. Such a cute voice.. I was taken by surprise and my response wasn't even in English, I don't think. I was pretty mad at myself for being such an oaf. Anyways, I really wanted the chance to talk to her again, and maybe redeem myself a little. But, of course every time I would have the chance to say something, I just painfully remind myself of how lame and worthless I feel... so I'd pretend that I didn't even notice her around work.

Valentines day was coming up, and I happened to learn the girls name by accident when a supervisor was pointing at a poster and said "right over there next to the lovely and talented (her first and last name)" she blushed and moved so people could see it.

So........... I just acted without thinking. They were doing a Valentine's day thing where you could send people a gift, and they would deliver it. I did it. I put her name on the card, and bought some flowers, and sent it to her... I didn't write who it was from though.

"Perfect" I thought. Mostly because I really can't handle any more rejection this year, quite yet.

but in reality, where we all live, its not "Perfect". I'm a coward. I feel like a creep, too. Sigh.... I just wanted to see her smile, since she is usually wearing a sad/serious look.

Being a creepy worthless coward is a pretty horrible feeling.

wait, so your ex really broke up with you over a psychic reading?

if this 7 year relationship just ended it is going to take time to get over, so I wouldn't try to rush into dating just yet. but if your ex seriously dumped you over a psychic reading I wouldn't even be offended by it... that's a ridiculous reason to end a 7 year relationship. I wouldn't let that ruin your confidence

the psychic told her that I....
    1. cheated on her with a guy.
    2. wasn't good enough for her.
    3. am a dangerous person because I don't get angry very often.
    4. my astrological sign wouldn't work with hers.

and she also told her that she was going to marry some other guy named Dan or something.

Plus, apparently her mother agreed that I wasn't good enough for her.

To us, psyhic readings seem trivial, but to some they seriously believe in it. You shouldn't lose your confidence cause chances are you are not going to meet/date another girl that believes in it. =) With this new girl, did you grunt back in dwarven or something? Talk to her, you shouldn't need to eaves drop just to get her name. Walk up to her with nice posture and make small talk, it's fun. Nothing wrong with sending anonymous flowers btw.

I'm sorry to say this, but you'll be better off without a woman who believes in that kind of crap.

I don't wanna be in another relationship for a while, I think that's another reason I'm being such a coward. I just get attached very easy.... I really just need some time to myself I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by freshlylit View Post
    I don't wanna be in another relationship for a while, I think that's another reason I'm being such a coward. I just get attached very easy.... I really just need some time to myself I guess.
    You definitely don't want to jump right into another relationship, but don't call yourself a coward either. You didn't do anything wrong in this case.

Quote Originally Posted by freshlylit View Post
    Use that time to brush up on your masturbation techniques. It'll come in handy for the future. Remember, once you can wack em off easy you won't need to worry about getting a nice little girlfriend ever again.

Take the time to get over her and boost your confidence again. If she dumped you over a psychic reading-the girl has issues and your better off.

In time youll meet someone else