+ Follow This Topic

Thread: is this situation normal i need help

is this situation normal i need help

i have been with my bf for over 5 years. we are both 25 a little back story is that he is an only child and his dad passed away 3 1/2 years ago. over the past several months since november 2012 me and him have been living at his house it was ok with his mom and i have been paying her money every month for rent. since then she has been non stop in our business we dont get a break from her everywhere we go she goes and she is always trying to run our relationship and tell us what to do and everything has to be the way she wants it to be all the time if not she starts yelling and starting a temper tantrum. we never get any private time together. for the past 4 years we dont go out and do anything on weekends she is always with us comes on vacation with us. she is very bipolar and its very uncomfortable also being in the same house as her. i have tried talking to my bf and explaining that she makes me very uncomfortable but he dont do anything about it.

for the past 2 years the only job that he has is the sub job that i got him at the school i work at. his mom supports him and gives him anything and everything he wants and is always asking me for money when i work for everything i have. they are always constantly fighting and it is not a healthy environment that they are in. he says that he wants to live with her the rest of his life and that he does love me and wants to be with me the rest of his life but he dont act like he want to be with me anymore.

Dump the guy and try going out with a adult.

I think its not smart of you to go live with him in his parents house.
    Thats you looking for trouble.

If you think you are adult enough you should go and have your own living
    and home.
    Living with parents is you wanting to enjoy cheap or free living. And him
    waning to stay immature.

Grown people find their own place and they go make their lives.

'But the thing is your bf clearly told you he wants to stay with his mom.
    So or you stay with him, or you move on with your life.

I'm grown and that its not normal to live with your parents. I want to live on my own he obviously doesn't. I recently as of last night left his house for good cause I was completely tired of how his mom was treating me. She has been acting one way towards me when he's there and when he's gone and making me pay her an unreasonable amount of money every 2 weeks.

I've told him that his mom can't run our relationship and that if he wants it to continue there has got to be changes made