+ Follow This Topic

Thread: MEN is this normal.. what does he want??

MEN is this normal.. what does he want??

Ok, I have written on here a few times, I am at a breaking point in my life and I don't know what to do.. here is my situation.
    Me and my boyfriend were going out for 3 years, we lived together, I am 28 he is 33..since we broke up we have not taken any real constructive time apart, the most we never seen each other was 3 weeks. We have went on vacation since we broke up, hung out every weekend, seen each other every week and every weekend he has spent Friday, Sat and Sunday with me. This past week I have seen him every night, every day, and basically any time we spend apart we are texting each other. When we talk about our relationship we discuss how it ended, what needs to change, and he tells me he is confused, doesn't know what he wants, however he still kisses me, hugs me.. and right now we are not sleeping together. Since we broke up there was this woman who got involved she is married, he says he doesn't like her like that anymore and tonight he said he is starting to see her true colors. I seen him tonight and he told me he is going for a coffee with her, but he is going to tell her to drop him home early and he said he will text me when he gets home.

I'm so confused, for one I don't know why he is hanging out with me every night, texting me everyday.. spending quality time with me.. If he is telling me that he loves me, kisses me, looks at me like I am so important, treats me well, but tells me he is confused and single, and that he needs space, and that seeing me this much is not good. Tonight he also told me he thinks I need to start dating, and I said do you really want that and he said I don't know. So I continued the conversation with what do you need me to move on so you can see how great I really am and he said he can't answer that.

What I am wondering is... why is he spending so much time with me, acting like my boyfriend, but not commiting to me, telling me he is confused and doesn't know what he wants. I feel lost, part of me says move on.. but another part of me tells me to hold on a bit longer, because the more time we spend together the closer he is getitng and he just wants to push me away.

Would a guy hang out with his ex all the time and not want her back? Anyone out there who has been through this, or going through it, I would love some advice.. I desperatly need it right now

people don,t like change... and people don,t know how to let go...its also a respect thing....you should,nt know anything about another woman...if you want to get him back in line..do this cut him off...tell him he need to get a another buddy to hang out with....he said he,s confused?....ok thats cool...but he needs to be confused by himself....respect ...always get that
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovestory View Post
    Ok, I have written on here a few times, I am at a breaking point in my life and I don't know what to do.. here is my situation.
    Me and my boyfriend were going out for 3 years, we lived together, I am 28 he is 33..since we broke up we have not taken any real constructive time apart, the most we never seen each other was 3 weeks. We have went on vacation since we broke up, hung out every weekend, seen each other every week and every weekend he has spent Friday, Sat and Sunday with me. This past week I have seen him every night, every day, and basically any time we spend apart we are texting each other. When we talk about our relationship we discuss how it ended, what needs to change, and he tells me he is confused, doesn't know what he wants, however he still kisses me, hugs me.. and right now we are not sleeping together. Since we broke up there was this woman who got involved she is married, he says he doesn't like her like that anymore and tonight he said he is starting to see her true colors. I seen him tonight and he told me he is going for a coffee with her, but he is going to tell her to drop him home early and he said he will text me when he gets home.

I'm so confused, for one I don't know why he is hanging out with me every night, texting me everyday.. spending quality time with me.. If he is telling me that he loves me, kisses me, looks at me like I am so important, treats me well, but tells me he is confused and single, and that he needs space, and that seeing me this much is not good. Tonight he also told me he thinks I need to start dating, and I said do you really want that and he said I don't know. So I continued the conversation with what do you need me to move on so you can see how great I really am and he said he can't answer that.

What I am wondering is... why is he spending so much time with me, acting like my boyfriend, but not commiting to me, telling me he is confused and doesn't know what he wants. I feel lost, part of me says move on.. but another part of me tells me to hold on a bit longer, because the more time we spend together the closer he is getitng and he just wants to push me away.

Would a guy hang out with his ex all the time and not want her back? Anyone out there who has been through this, or going through it, I would love some advice.. I desperatly need it right now

You should move on and cut ties for the time being. imo Let him figure himself out by himself, cuz if u dnt? Next thing u know, 2months pass and u and him r still in d same situation

If you want him back. TOTALY ignore him for a while. try and make him jealous..

Quote Originally Posted by veroxius View Post
    If you want him back. TOTALY ignore him for a while. try and make him jealous..
    yes , that`s what you should do
    then he will know what does he want

Thanks everyone, last night I drove him to a bar he promised me he would call me for me to pick him up and instead he went home with his ex before me... So do you think just ignoring him will work now? I am sooo in love with this man? I don't know what to do now, I am very mad at him right now... but I still want to make things work

some guys, after breaking up with a girl, still tend to get close to her just to be on the safe side. he knows what you guys have been through and he knew that, if this "new" fling of his doesn't work out he is still assured that maybe at some point you might still consider him to be a good prospect because he knows you inside out unlike the rest of the bunch. Its pride that makes him do all this stuff. it would be better to tear down his pride now to let him know what he really wants. take a time off. you need it.

I agree with toshi, never be someone's "plan B".
    ...one can be sure of nothing until it has already happened...

Thanks everyone.. I agree with the idea of taking a break, letting him see life without me.. only problem is.. I can't do it.. I guess I will eventually.. Can't live like this anymore!