+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: If X happens, you'll do Y....

Will do. Not really expecting to meet anyone or even thought about that when I joined but it'd be cool in the highly unlikely event I did..
    Because we have to chase him. Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

it would be great but you need to work up the courage to have a conversation first.

So it appears that I'm the only one who believes in "If X happens, do Y.."
    Because we have to chase him. Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

Quote Originally Posted by Love'sReject View Post
    Tell me if you have ever done something like this.

Just today, I decided that I will ASK A GIRL OUT for sure by this summer if my team wins the Stanley Cup and that's for true because, c'mon, you just don't fail to fulfill a promise to the Stanley Cup. I figure when I end up failing laughably, I'll still come out on top 'cuz my team will have won the Cup.

Have you ever done something like this?
    Yep, when I was fat I would always eat fast food as long as I went for a run the next day. Sadly, the run never happened and I was just fat.

So in short, your plan won't work because you're still have a lack of balls, even if the Ducks win the cup (which won't happen because Selanne is going to have a stroke any day now, and when that happens the rest of the team will fold)
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

Wow, that's more like If I do X, I'll just keep doing X and disguise it as trying to do Y...

Bro, Selanne only has 3 pts. in his last 12 and the Ducks are STILL winning. How's VANCOUVER? Oh right..BEHIND MINNESOTA! LOL XD

Quote Originally Posted by Love'sReject View Post
    Wow, that's more like If I do X, I'll just keep doing X and disguise it as trying to do Y...

Bro, Selanne only has 3 pts. in his last 12 and the Ducks are STILL winning. How's VANCOUVER? Oh right..BEHIND MINNESOTA! LOL XD
    Oh dude, not a Vancouver fan, I'm all Eastern Conference, and I'm a habs fan, just happens to be a good year for us. Vancouver is a team that even actual fans are starting to get sick of, same boring play season after season.

And you're right about X is X but trying to be Y, and that is why it doesn't work. If you want to do something, just do it, don't make it conditional on something that probably won't happen.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

Well, this is different: Since I'm sure to fail, there has to be something like insurance, something to fall back on.

Well, MTL is probably more surprising than ANA in the sense that ANA I felt was a good bet for the playoffs at least. Thought MTL was going to be out of the picture.

Dude just ask a girl out man. Rejection is nothing. The funny thing about it is that your worried before you ask if you are going to get rejected. Then, when you ask and get rejected its like well that was not bad and on to the next. Honestly, man she is not going to say no then kick you in the balls. GO FOR IT, stop wasting time. F the cup promise, ask a girl today.

Hey, looking like I do, you'd HAVE to come to expect rejection.

Your biggest obstacle to a relationship is yourself. You have made such a big deal out of being rejected that it is preventing you to actually try to get a gf, the one thing you said would make your life complete. Guess what? It's all in your mind. Once you come to realize this, you'll be fine.

If you want to do one of these X and Y things, thinking this might help you to motivate yourself, do something that is more likely to happen. Something that you can control. Like, 'if I eat my favorite meal today, I will ask a girl out by the end of the week'. Then do it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12