+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If X happens, you'll do Y....

If X happens, you'll do Y....

Tell me if you have ever done something like this.

Just today, I decided that I will ASK A GIRL OUT for sure by this summer if my team wins the Stanley Cup and that's for true because, c'mon, you just don't fail to fulfill a promise to the Stanley Cup. I figure when I end up failing laughably, I'll still come out on top 'cuz my team will have won the Cup.

Have you ever done something like this?
    Because we have to chase him. Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

No. I've never done anything remotely like that. It makes no sense to me
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Why don't you ask a girl out today and stop taking bets with yourself. Its kinda schizophrenia

Surely I'm not the only one who does this sort of thing? I think of it like insurance; if something exceptionally good happens, there's no way something considerably lesser like getting rejected would steal that good thing's thunder.
    Because we have to chase him. Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

secretly you want her to say yes more than you want your team to win though so it will still be a huge kick in the balls if you get rejected.

Anyway youll never no her answer if you sit there playing games in your own head go and talk to a girl. So what if some stranger turns you down? Youll never have to see her again. You can just say NEXT!

Nope. The deal is one and done. Can't afford to risk getting rejected TWICE in a row; just can't have that now can I?

I think we should go really slow here LR-baby steps.

Do you think you can manage to smile at a girl today? And then tomorrow you could try to make some eye contact? And then the next day make some small talk. And then the next day ask her for her number?

Lol, good idea. Well, I dunno seeing as how I'm not even sure I might even see a girl or anyone for that matter today; all my classes are online.

How are you going to ever meet anyone if you don't leave the house? Could you join a hobby or something?

I did join a yoga and meditation class, starts on Sunday. As for leaving the house, I go to games weekly and the library, too.

oh cool. Therel surely be girls there

Lmfao..yeah. Might make it awkward..

lol you could try talking to one of them

Lol....well, I'll go and see what happens but seems highly unlikely..

ppfftt! positive attitude remember

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast