+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any regular posters in a 'healthy' relationship?

3 weeks married to a great Gal (2nd time around)

I've been with my GF for 10 months. So that clearly makes me completely unqualified to give any advice. But dump her anyway just in case.

This question is useless. Lots of sick people are in relationships they think are healthy. There are no qualifications to give advice. Anybody with a computer and an internet connection can get on here and say whatever they want. In most cases, the benefit to the visitor to this forum is in writing the question. They have to organize their thoughts, think about their problem and write a synopsis in a coherent manner. In a lot of cases, this is enough to come to terms with their problem. The solution is always up to them, of course. Take everything you read on here with a grain of salt. Make your own decisions. Just because you get advice doesn't mean you have to take it. Most of the advice-givers get on here when they are bored or lonely. Some of them use this forum to inflate their own ego. Nobody gets paid to be on here. And most of the regulars got on here because they originally had a problem they wanted help with themselves. Nobody's perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by j-white View Post
    Im interested to know how many of these wonderfully patient and accepting people are in a loving and healthy relationship?
    Happily, sarcastically, single for 3 years now... But thanks for rubbing it in? lol

Quote Originally Posted by j-white View Post
    It would just be nice to know how qualified you guys are before I seek any advice...thankyou in advance
    I would say I'm qualified because I have a brain and emotions like anyone else. As the one poster said, we're just people who sit at computers and give our input based on how the post is written. They don't have to take our advice. They don't even have to like how we present it to them. All they had to do is ask. Whether or not they use it is up to them. Even more than that, I would say that the number of hurts we've all been through has made us wise to our own situations to the point we can try to help others by giving advice on it and relating. Notice the word "try" there... Try as in an extension of one's own effort, even if it fails.

So, yes, anyone who joins is qualified to help. It's ultimately up to the OP to take it or leave it. It's their life, after all.
    Last edited by Rowen; 27-03-13 at 02:16 AM.

I subscribe to the dump-the-bitch philosophy. Been with my girl for a bit over a year now.

Dump the bitch you pussy.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by dem862 View Post
    In most cases, the benefit to the visitor to this forum is in writing the question. They have to organize their thoughts, think about their problem and write a synopsis in a coherent manner. In a lot of cases, this is enough to come to terms with their problem. The solution is always up to them, of course.
    Good answer. Caveat emptor.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by surfhb2 View Post
    3 weeks married to a great Gal (2nd time around)
    congratulations!

BTW - I have no business giving advice, except that I DO have the most little green bars ( or close t it, anyway).
    Last edited by vashti; 27-03-13 at 06:46 AM.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12