+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any regular posters in a 'healthy' relationship?

Any regular posters in a 'healthy' relationship?

I see a lot of regulars on here, who's general advice to every situation is "dump that ****" or "stop being a **** and dump wake up" etc. Other times they can be just downright aggressive and insulting.

Im interested to know how many of these wonderfully patient and accepting people are in a loving and healthy relationship?

It would just be nice to know how qualified you guys are before I seek any advice...thankyou in advance

Much as I hate the guy but HIA is more than qualified.
    Because we have to chase him. Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

Im in a loving healthy relationship for almost five yeas. I have only told people to dump cheaters on here for the most part or people who have been in a sexless relationship for 3years... With long term relationships that have been mostly happy-i try to give constructive advice and recommend counselling.

I've been with my wonderful partner for 20+ years. We're very happy together.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

2 years here, been a great ride so far.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

Id say most the regulars here give very good sdvice-in fact id say all of us do. Sometimes people dont like hearing the truth and hope people will just tell them what they want to hear but we dont do that. Were honest and give sdvice based on our own opinions, morals, values and beliefs and based on what we feel we would do in their shoes. They dont have to take our advice and they are free to disagree if they wish. All the regulars here have gotten plenty of thank yous off people who come and go and many people really appreciate our advice. I find it insulting that you think we all have nothing better to do than say dump him, ddump her.. That only hapoens in severe cases and its normally the best advice theyl ever get

Posters can only advise on the information they're given. I agree with michelle that most people give good advice. There is nothing wrong with suggesting someone end a relationship that is not meeting their needs and is unlikely to do so in the near future. Life's too short to hang around waiting for someone to change because you're too insecure to be alone. Anyway, I think that generally people come to advice forums already knowing deep down what they want to do/hear, they just want confirmation. The decision is all theirs. And yes. I am in a healthy, loving relationship.

For what it's worth, my dating advice tends to be ruthless. But I believe in not wasting time with Mr/Ms Wrong. Dump the Wrong and go find the Right.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by j-white View Post
    I see a lot of regulars on here, who's general advice to every situation is "dump that ****" or "stop being a **** and dump wake up" etc. Other times they can be just downright aggressive and insulting.

Im interested to know how many of these wonderfully patient and accepting people are in a loving and healthy relationship?
    36 years happily married to the same great guy, thank you very much

It would just be nice to know how qualified you guys are before I seek any advice...thankyou in advance
    lol

OP has a good point...albeit, pretty much all the questions asked warrant those kind of responses: "OMGZ, mah b/f lyke totally had sex w/ 5 gurls tonight can I change him?"
    Because we have to chase him. Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

Of course. What? Does he expect us to tell someone in a lousy situation that shows no evidence of it ever changing to "stick it out bucko, you can change her into who you want her to be?" pfffft.

That isn't how it works. I could have a terrible relationship, and still have a clear, unbiased view of your situation, assuming that you don't distort or hold back any crucial information.

Besides, deep down, you know that you really need to dump her. We're not going to tell you what you want to hear, we're going to call it as we see it.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

My current relationship started in August of 2003. There have been some serious ups and downs, but we're still together, and we're still working together to become better people.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

I am. I'm also one of those posters that regularly says "Dump her" or "Dump him".

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    So the fact I finally screwed up the balls to save us both from a piss-poor relationship for another 20 years makes me unqualified? Particularly when we get along very well now?

Um, okay.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast