+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What have i done - advise!

Quote Originally Posted by watto View Post
    I guess there is a hint of jelousy that he whoever he is on the scene. She obviously has moved on and will have a better life, sadly i wont. //i dount i will meet anyone in the forseeable future
    Total victimhood. I'm sorry, I understand you being a tad possessive still but to play what you're playing in your head is you being your own worse enemy. When you get past yourself, you'll realize that it's better to be alone then to live in an unsatisfying relationship with someone that hasn't been making you happy.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Those that feel the need to throw their new date in your face, typically are not over the relationship, for what it's worth. You do need to quit your whining though.

Quote Originally Posted by BackUpOrGetStng View Post
    Those that feel the need to throw their new date in your face, typically are not over the relationship, for what it's worth. You do need to quit your whining though.
    I am not whining just really feel the pain now realiity has hit home. I think thinks were not right but it doesnt do any good at the moment

The only thing you can do is learn, from this valuable experience, the lesson: Don't shit where you eat.

Quote Originally Posted by Rowen View Post
    The only thing you can do is learn, from this valuable experience, the lesson: Don't shit where you eat.
    very true we got on so well it was hard to not at least try....and we both said we wanted kids / marriage with each other. To split and have a new man just a month or so after that i dont get or comprehend.

those words were likely meant... doesn't mean you'd end up doing all those things with each other. You said yourself she wasn't giving you what you needed so you did the intelligent thing and ended it with her. Get over YOURSELF and stop your (yes) whinning over something that wasn't working for you anyway. Are you a narcissist and you think that just because you didn't want her that she should pine away for you? Doesn't work that way, sport. Time to shut your ego up and get on with your life. She is so you might as well too.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Was this your first girlfriend Watto?

i wouldnt say first girlfriend nope but first i have wanted to marry etc and we talked about that thats why im suprised took just 2 months to get a new bf

She probably met him before you broke up. I really don't see why this is such a shocker, since by your own admission, she wasn't into you ever it sounds like.

So who cares if she's shagging someone else. It's over and for what it's worth it was you who ended it because you were unhappy with the relationship. So now if she decides to shag the entire local football team it's none of your business. Grow up.

very true we got on so well it was hard to not at least try....
    I can understand that, but remember that there's an entire world beyond work.

i wouldnt say first girlfriend nope but first i have wanted to marry etc and we talked about that thats why im suprised took just 2 months to get a new bf
    If she only took two months, maybe she wasn't as into you as she seemed to be... No, scratch that. She probably wasn't as into you as she seemed. Find someone better and remember that she's not worth thinking about. AND learn not to shit where you eat.

When ex moves on you just need to remind yourself of the bad things, which should be easy for you seeing as you ended the relationship for a clear reason. Remember, she hasn't changed now she has a new partner, she is still the same girl who didn't make you happy. Think of these things and you'll eventually start feeling sorry for the other guy who's now going to have to deal with that crap, and relieved that you got out. Ta-da!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12