+ Follow This Topic

Thread: falling for the wrong girl

falling for the wrong girl

hi, im a 20 yr old guy who's got himself into a sticky situation with a girl at the moment. she's a very attractive blonde who ive known for a few months now and were kind of like a friends with benefits thing, weve kept things rather casual. However over time ive been slowly growing to like her, to the point where im now infatuated.
    Why, i dont know, but recently i cant stop thinking about her. last saturday she was supposed to accompany me to an event but came down with food poisoning so couldn't make it. it would have been the first time i'd seen her in three months so i was looking forward to it, but when she text to cancel i was pretty devastated, she said she would make it up to me and has agreed to come with me to something in late may, but i said i wanted to see her before then anyway, so weve more or less agreed to meet up next week. Its her texting that gets me, she does get back usually on the same day (shes quite a bit older than me so she works and is doing her third year at uni now). at the end of the day if she wasnt keen or interested she wouldnt be texting me back, but her recent cancellation made me realise just how much i missed her, so for the past 5 days ive just been desperate to see her, and its killing me.
    To be honest ive come back to my uni halls (im in first year) and theres not a lot of people around, theres nothing to do but revise and i have no real hobbies to occupy my time with, apart from the gym. So my worry now is with all this time on my hands that im just gonna sit around and think about her, becoming more anxious and paranoid about how much she likes me and considering what would happen if she didnt want to see me again.
    last night for instance i had a dream about her after the dream had finished, it was about half 3 the morning and i was wide awake after that, its clear that my emotions were toying with me and i just did nothing but think about how great it would be for her to be back in this bed right now. ive also been neglecting eating when i can and am getting tempted back into cigarettes.

at the end of the day i liked her before but i wasnt crazy about her, now all of a sudden i am, and i dont not want to see her again, all i want is advice given my situation what i can do to help thwart this temporary obsession and resume my life without worrying so much about when im next going to see her.

thanks

I fall for the same thing - when a female becomes 'hard to get' they become more desirable.

My advice is to be open and honest. Talk. Relationships are so often shrouded in mystery and all it takes to clear the smoke is to have one decent, open and honest chat.

The outcome may or may not be your desired choice, but at least you'll know where you stand with her and can move accordingly.

Best of luck mate. Try to keep yourself occupied!

MrP

Dude she only knows this thing as casual between you two, so how is she to know (unless you tell her) that you have become infactuated with her and would like more. If she cancels on ya she doesn't know how it is affecting you duh. So the only thing you can do to step ahead is tell her. That is a risk, but what else are you going to do?

Start seeing other girls too. You won't be so attached to this one, and you might meet someone who wants more than just a **** buddy. It's a lot easier to get girls if you're already having sex with someone because you won't come as someone just after sex. That's the whole point of **** buddies..to hold you over until you find someone you like.