+ Follow This Topic

Thread: In lingo or so it feels. Advice needed.

In lingo or so it feels. Advice needed.

So, I've been seeing this guy whom I've mentioned in another post. I like this guy. However, he just will not tell me what he wants from me. Then there is this other guy whom I've known a few years who I also like as well but we have pretty much limited things to friendship for reasons that are unknown to the both of us.. well recently he mentioned the two of us dating. I know the phrase that goes if your seeing two people go with the second blah blah. I like the first guy and wouldn't mind seeing where things would go but I've been dating this guy three months and I'm starting to feel like he should have an idea on what he wants to do by now but I also feel like I could be waiting for nothing and miss out with this guy I've known a while as a friend. Any advice is appreciated.

It sounds like you go with the wind - whoever likes you, you're there. What's up with that? Decide what YOU want in a relationship and see if either guy fits it. Otherwise, you sound so confused. Ann
    Ann

How is what I want in a relationship relevant when I'm not with either of them exclusively at the moment? Granted, yes I would like to have a relationship in which I am exclusive with someone whom is stable and would be open to marriage and a family later on. What I don't know is whether to give the first guy time to figure out what he wants and continue to date him or cut ties and move on to the guy I've been friends for years with a possibility of ruining a friendship if it goes sour but could be great as there has been attraction there we both just never acted on it? Oh and no I do not go with whomever likes me. I do have preferences and standards.

Are you not seeing guy #1 exclusively because he won't agree to it? If so, cut him loose. I think three months is ample time to decide whether or not there's a chance of a future together.
    Last edited by basilandthyme; 28-04-13 at 01:36 PM.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

"the first guy time to figure out what he wants and continue to date him" - Why don't YOU figure out what YOU want.....stop giving your power away. Maybe you don't fit with either of these guys. Good luck. Ann
    Ann

It's only been 3 months - do you even know what you want? Suss guy no. 1 out - do you feel like he's playing games? Does he give you enough attention? Does he do thoughtful things? Does it seem like he cares about you? If yes, then it could be that he feels it's too soon to make any grand declarations or plans. But you wouldn't even be looking towards guy no. 2 if no. 1 was meeting your needs. You're obviously sensing he's just taking you for a ride. Communicate clearly with him and see what he says. If it's too much 'ahh I dunno...like, maybe...not sure...' then ditch him.

The first guy hasn't ever flat out said no to the option of being exclusive but when it was talked about he told me he didn't know. I must say that he is one of the most courteous people I have met in a while and almost always thinks of me first but I feel like things should either be progressing between the two of us or we should move on. Maybe I just move faster but I usually know for sure before three months if I want to proceed with a relationship or not. Why would someone keep dating someone if they didn't want to proceed with a relationship? I will be talking to him about this soon and if he can't give me a better answer than I don't know I will be moving on.