+ Follow This Topic

Thread: hopelessly in love with best friend's "friend"

hopelessly in love with best friend's "friend"

I put a quote around "friend" because they are pretty much bf/gf it's just not official. Now this is my best friend for like 8 years so we're really tight. But I hang out with this girl all the time and we eat together, work on hw too.
    I'm always thinking about her, but even though she seems really attracted to me, she likes my best friend even more. I'd like to just not be in love with her, if only it was that easy. I get the feeling that if my best friend wasn't around, we would definitely have something real, but that's not the case. I told myself that I would just stop hanging out with her so much, but that doesn't work out too well, and when it's just me and her, things are great and I get the impression she really really likes me, but the when my best friend is there also, things are so much different.
    I end up feeling like a 3rd wheel and it's awful. She still always talks to me but it's painful for me being in this situation, especially when it's me with them both and I just really want to leave. I'm so in love with her but I don't see things changing anytime soon, as much as I want to just stop talking to her, I just can't. She's everything I ever imagined, but I guess i'm saying that because I'm in love.
    I really don't think it's the friendzone, either it seems like more for sure, but i could be wrong.
    Any tips?

bump...anybody have advice?

Tell her what you feel, honestly and openly, and let her decide what to do. Make it very clear that you don't want to intrude upon her current relationship. Even if she doesn't like it she will love the fact that you valued her enough to tell her the truth, and she will respect you more for it.
    As to how to say it, try putting yourself in her shoes. Perhaps then you will know what to say and how to say it.
    Best of luck!
    Be the change you wish to see in the world -

Burn the page for me
    I cannot erase the time of sleep
    I cannot be loved so set me free
    I cannot deliver your love or caress your soul...

If shes pretty much with your best friend then I dont think there is anything you can do. It sounds like shes already made her choice and you need to keep your distance. Is this girl worth losing your best friend over?

I had a similiar situation a few weeks ago. Just try not to think of her more than a friend. If might be best if you talk to her about it, but don't say anything you'll regret. Eventually, (if you're like me) you'll get over her. I was lucky with the way my situation turned out, though. Best of luck.

You should listen to the song Jesse's Girl over and over and over until you are sick of the song and sick of this crush. Then get out there and start meeting other women, you lazy bum.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

You should talk to your best friend about this girl and ask her how he feels about her. IF you guys are so close, then you can tell him that you've kinda liked her but his opinion and respect mean so much to you that you wont do anything without knowing how he feels. IS it worth it though? Because this girl seems to be choosing your friend over you and its not like you can make this guy disappear so you can get the girl.