+ Follow This Topic

Thread: It's been 2 weeks.

It's been 2 weeks.

On my first post I talked about my bf who doesn't want to break up but just needed space to make himself better. Which I also happen to be in a long distance relationship with. Now it's been 2 weeks since I last heard from him.

I was able to gather up the courage to stop contacting him and its been a week since my last attempt. I'm still blocked from his phone too.

I admit that I still think about him everyday. I still miss him and I know its stupid to even think or want to still get back together. I kinda feel that it's a long shot.

I'm just in a dilemma of whether to contact him again for the last time or just completely let it go. The pain of not knowing is what's weighing me down.

Help.
    "She'll hate you like poison, and love you like mad."

Space from what? He probably wants to be able to be with other girls. So, the question is, what is that space going to do for him. As I've said before, you can not smother someone who truly loves you. The person who truly loves you will not feel like they are not free, because being with you will be all they will need, they will not need another girl's affection, or more.

Tell him if he needs space he should apply to NASA.
    Last edited by toknow; 05-05-13 at 03:44 PM.

GreenMango, if you make up your own mind to leave, then there will be no uncertainty anymore. And the best thing is that you don't even have to have the breakup discussion because he's already AWOL.

Just move on.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Need space = don't need you.

Understand?

The pain of not knowing is what's weighing me down.
    Stop being in denial. You know it's over and you don't need him to actually spell it out to you. Any guy that would block you and not talk you for that long doesn't want to be with you (sad truth sorry to say)

The only reason he hasn't outright told you it's over is because he want's to keep a door open to go back to you when/if he needs to. Don't lower yourself, don't stagnate you from getting over him completely by taking him back for a non-committed fling. You're wasting your good dating years waiting for a guy who doesn't want you and who is not wanting you from a distance. Find someone who will love you and love being in a relationship with you because he wants to get to know you and he can do that because he's close enough to you to nuture the union.

Give yourself the closure by YOU knowing that what you had together wasn't enough anyway, that you need a man who you can see and touch and hug and have romantic love with who is close by to give it to you.

Once you accept this guy is gone because you know it's better he is, you'll get over him in no time at all.

Don't contact him again and don't reply if he ever contact you. A guy who loves you wouldn't block you and he wouldn't need a break from you either. Zero Contact Now.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

I just deleted all his pics, chat history, voicemails, emails, etc.
    Thanks guys. I know I've been in denial. I just have to make a brave move to erase things that would remind me.

"She'll hate you like poison, and love you like mad."

Well done. I agree with the others. Long distance is a bit pointless. Find someone local who you can have a normal relationship with and forget this loser. He doesnt even have the balls to be straight wifh you. You can do better.

I have a zero tolerance level for people who cant make up their mind. Its all or nothing

good luck