+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Gone for 3 weeks?

Gone for 3 weeks?

I am currently dating someone online however he has not been on for 3 weeks now. One night, we both agreed to talk the next day, but it never did happen. What could have happened to him? He never gave me an explanation. I've been told by some to move on and others to keep waiting for a bit if I really love him. I do love him a lot, I just don't know what to do. It's been so long. How long should I continue to wait for?
    Last edited by InReverie; 05-04-11 at 10:47 AM.

Is this strictly online dating? You never met him in person? If so, are you sure he is who he says he is? What if his wife caught him cheating online and took away his internet privilege? And if you do know him in person, and he's still alive and just not going online much anymore, then he obviously don't think much of you at all. In that case, move on.. there is nothing to wait for. I recommend dating in person. I think you'll get a more honest interaction from it than online. And the dating experience is more fun too.

How can you love someone that you have never actually met? Online dating is like the phrase 'military intelligence' - it does not exist. You were online chatting. He's probably just got bored. Why not try to meet somebody in the REAL world

Dating on the internet is not a bad START, but it can't be the only thing. And if he hasn't replied in 3 weeks, focus on someone and something else. The fact is, you have no idea what happened to him because you don't actually know him. You only know his online persona. He could have been arrested. He could have been found out by his wife (good point, Bonfire). His computer could have broken. He could have joined the circus. He could have moved adopted an anti-technology viewpoint. He could have been abducted by Bigfoot (and the internet service in the forest is notoriously spotty). It could be anything really. But more importantly, why does it even matter? I can understand if you care for this guy, but if the relationship hasn't moved beyond internet dates yet, it can't be considered too serious yet.

Good luck.
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!

Don't get put down by peoples comments, online dating has become more and more common recently. I'm sure you understand the rules of making sure the person he is who he says he is too (like webcam etc.) so I won't lecture you =)
    If he has been off for 3 weeks it could be anything. I know it must hurt waiting around to find out but he knows your address, he would be in contact by now. It also worries me you haven't got his number etc. if you know who each other are for sure and are dating.
    It hurts to consider the reasons he's not been in contact but as they say there are many fish in the sea..and many more online.