+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Confusion

Confusion

Hello, I'm new to the forum and wanted to introduce myself, so I'm LeQuestion, pleased to meet you.

The reason I came here asking for advice is because I heard good things about the forum and it's members, so I hope you can clarify some things for me that I have absolutely no idea how to handle.

I have never been in a relationship before, so I'm confused as to what I'm thinking and should I be thinking that.

For a long time I've had a crush on this girl in my class, let's call her Felecity, from time to time we catch each others glances and, I'll prolly sound stupid, but I don't fall for just anyone, so I thought of making the first step. Which I did. It was nothing special really, seeing as she didn't come to the last class on a subject we have together, I messaged her friend, who is in a different class, on FB (Felecity's not on FB) asking if she could relay the message on what we have to do for the next subject, and the next time, which was today we met and Felecity was really friendly toward me, thanked me and stuff. My friend was with me at that time and, since I'm not the talkative type, I couldn't say a word, so both of them started a very fruitful conversation, I almost felt jealous, If my friend didn't have a girlfriend I would have prolly imploded right then and there. We sat next to each other in class, while she usually sits far away from me so this was an interesting switch. We giggled on some things that the teacher said but overall she was keeping to herself. I'm alright at noticing some actions people do and, this might sound stupid, but we touched, even if for a moment. During class she called someone up and had a very friendly conversation with and I thought it might be her boyfriend, which I have no clue about and asking her with a straight face would have scared her off, so I held back. After the end of class, all three of us went to the same buss stop and took the same bus home. Along the way the two of them, Felecity and my friend talked about all kinds of stuff and pretty much ignored me for the most part. But then again I was dumbstruck, it's like my brain just simply turned off and I couldn't think of anything. But there was a moment where my friend wasn't around for a bit, me and Felecity, we sparked a short conversation. It was really pleasant as she was smiling when looking into my eyes, though it likely meant nothing to her.
    Along the way home she told us she has a brother and I believe that was who she was having the conversation with.
    Overall it was an interesting day today, as I got to know her better, wish my friend wasn't there, but well, I can't tell him to buzz off.

Now I'm slightly confused, I really like Felecity and I think I want to be with her, but I can't figure out if she's interested in me or not at all. Should I press the subject about her date to know if I should continue her pursuit(well, whatever), or should I back off before I do something stupid?
    Another thing I can't figure out is, what I'm feeling right now. It was a long day and I was looking forward to seeing her reaction to my deed (yea..well) and it was great that she appreciated that, then again that's normal(?). I feel happy and sad at the same time, kind of makes me want to strangle someone to death that I didn't make progress (or did I?). Actually I feel depressed...
    What should be my next step and how should I execute it?

Sorry, I'm really inexperienced in this and it likely, almost, feels like writing a guide on how to get closer to someone, but the first steps are the hardest and I don't want to fail. This girl could be the only person I feel like this towards.
    I'm looking forward to what you have to say as any piece of advice will help.
    Last edited by LeQuestion; 19-05-13 at 02:04 AM.

Hello, LeQuestion. To be honest, there's not much anyone can you here. What you should do depends on many things, like what is that girl like. I suggest you talk to her, spend more time with her at school and call her out for some random stuff. nothing like going to a date, something like going for and ice-cream or a drink. that way you can see if she likes you. But if you really like her, I suggest you to take some actions as soon as possible, not to get friendzoned.
    And about your friend, no need to worry about him, if he's really good friend. If they two talked about you, he's not going to try anything.
    Anyway, talk, smile, go out and once you get closer, you can start telling her about your feelings and calling her to dates. There are 2 things that could happen: you could get together or she could say no. And I bet my life you WILL get together...

It dosen't matter that your friend has a gf or that he is your friend. In matters of love, people surprizingly break boundaries all the time. That is to say don't be too surprized if he ended up dumping his present gf for Felicity and your friendship is strained. It happens all the time.

This is the IMPORTANT PART. You must find CONFIDENCE somewhere. I has to be natural, not forced. Girls typically gravitate to the dominant, confident guys. Don't think she will notice you because you are nice. Be nice, but be confident, TALK to her NOW or you will lose her and you will feel like ****.

Girls that age like attention, like to feel they are special. Next time you and your friends plan something fun, casually ask her to join your group. "Hey, we are planning to go to the beach on Saturday, your a cool chick, we would love to have you come along if you can." Then work from there. Doing it as a group first, has many advantages: 1) It's low pressure, not a date 2) shows her you're not deperate 3) allows each of you to see the other in social situations (although, don't judge here and many quiet people are high quality too) 4) shows that you like her for who she is by saying you simply want to include her in your group of friends. If you don't have a group of boy/girl friends then a date will have to do. So, just try to talk whenever possible. Be respectful, be confident, be funny if you can and be yourself.

Holy f uck just ask her for her number and ask her if she would like to go out to movie or something with you...that is how you find out if she is interested or not.

On another note: that's why your friend has a GF, because he isn't afraid of girls. Better watch your friend because there isn't anything stopping him from dumping his GF and shagging this new girl right from under you.

Confidence wins girls....you just saw it for yourself watching your friend.

BTW this won't be the only girl you will have feelings for....

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    BTW this won't be the only girl you will have feelings for....
    good point!

go talk to her.. you should know each other then make any decision