+ Follow This Topic

Thread: confusion

confusion

hi there,
    im new on here, so thanks for reading my post.
    I am 26 and rather confused at the moment.
    I have recently broken up with my boyfriend of one and half years as he was being very irresponsible towards our relationship, and despite us living together, he was just out with his mates all the time (i dont mind my boyfriend seeing friends a lot, but if it means we end up spending nearly zero time together thats bad!) often not even coming home for the night without even telling me etc. I dont think he's been cheating on me but I just got sick of months of severe lack of respect and I decided to break up as couldnt take it any more. It is hard because I live in a foreign country, my family and most of my dearest friends are scattered around different places, and here I go to the same uni on the same course he does, and all the friends I have are common. Now the first thing, I am very disappointed at myself for letting him treat me that shit, and also because I feel I have been wasting so much time and energy on some hopeless stupid guy again.. so everytime I go out he's always there which kind of puts me off going out in the first place, or if I do go out it just ends up annoying me and ruining my day- evening. seeing him(rarely) at home and at uni (a lot) is enough!
    Also, another thing that adds to the confusion is the situation with my best friend.We have been best friends for 7 years, still we are even if we've been living in two different countries for nearly 3 years now. We spend lots of time emailing and callin each other and everytime we need support, I call him and he calls me for advice and support. When we were living in the same place we used to be uni buddies, always together, most times we had to go on trips just the two of us and share a bedroom, basically being together 24/7 we got incredibly close. He's the one person I can tell everything very openly without being ashamed of being judged or misunderstood. He just reads me so well even if Im not saying anything at all. These things as i was saying havent changed with distance, furthermore, it seems like we realise how important we are for each other now that we're parted. Everytime I go back and visit my friends back home, he ends up asking my other friend of she doesnt mind him sleeping over as he wants to spend all the time he can with me, which is extremely sweet.Now he' s moving somewhere for just a few months and he has invited me to go and visit him for a couple of weeks in the summer so he can cheer me up. He's being very supportive especially recently when i was feeling down about my relationship and after the break-up. We always been joking that we should get married at 60 (so we dont have to have sex hehe) and we always do have some silly jokes when we're talking, altough in the last 3 weeks things are getting so forward its a bit scary.. things like you deserve so much more than being treated like that, you're my beautiful princess and you should find someone who's prince like you are..etc. and also said that even if he's not usually serious with girls (because he doesnt care enough or they're just boring after a while) if anything would ever happen between us, he will be so serious as he wouldnt cope with losing me or hurting me.
    I am not tremendously attracted to him phisically( tho I know he is), but on the other side I have thought about us being romantically involved a few times especially in the last 3-4 years (even if I have just been single for a total 4 months in that time frame), and thought I'd like to kiss him and make love to him even, feelings that are growing a lot now, probably because he just understands me and respects me so much, which is what was missing in my last relationship. Also I am far from being the jealous type but I am starting to be annoyed if he goes out with some girls.
    I dont know what to do, I am gonna be with him in less than a couple of months and dont know what to do, i am just being more and more forward with my jokes about it but its all so weird! and also the fact we would be living in different countries doesnt help. and I am not sure I can take the risk of pushing it and tell him exactly how i feel as i am so afraid of losing my best friend if it doesnt work out right..
    if anyone can offer any advice or support I'd be so grateful! and sorry if the post really long!

I've told my best friend how I have started to feel he's my soulmate and he feels the same!Yay! We still don't know what to do about it but it makes me feel good just knowing we share this feeling!

Yipe! I did this once. It ended in flames, with rubble and flying debris and everything.

Be careful.
    Spammer Spanker

Yeah, Giga is right.

This can be good, but can also explode in your face.

When trying to make a boyfriend out of a friend, you risk loosing the friend