+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Could he really be this polite and afraid of confrontation?

Could he really be this polite and afraid of confrontation?

This guy I liked never told me he was dating someone else. I would say things to hint, but he never bothered to tell the truth, so I kept going because his excuses were that he was busy with work ... And I believed it true.

When everything finally came out, he said he did want to 'stay in touch'. We never talk about personal life stuff, but if I ask him questions for help about things for work, our work fields are similar, he always responds. I would think he wouldn't want to hear from me or talk to me at all considering we are no longer really friends. Someday I think he won't respond at all, but he always does.

Why? I am trying to believe he meant what he said, he doesn't mind hearing from me,but is he just belong polite?

For starters, you'll have to be more descriptive in what you are actually talking about and what you are trying to figure out.
    Same song and dance.
    "Whats the weather like kid?" --- "Its always sunny in Hell."

Third date! Can't stop fate. Its time to take this thing we got to the next level.
    Ya'know SPEND ALL OF OUR WAKING HOURS TOGETHER!!!!
    SURPRISE showed up at your job again! I was thinkin' I wanna be everything to you.

if he has been lying to you and some other girl-then he is untrustworthy. You sound naive. Why are you not angry about this?

At one time I was really angry, primarily at myself until I started to think more clearly. I do think he has trouble with confrontation, and maybe he didn't know how to tell me he was interested in someone else without hurting my feelings. We knew each other for a long time. I guess my question is, is it possible he was trying to find a way not to hurt my feelings? Like I said, if I ask him for help now with something he still does answer. If he was not interested in being friends or something he wouldn't respond right?