I would really appreciate an outside point ofview on my situation.

I have moved countries about three months ago to be with my boyfriend of 4 years. We met in my country while he was traveling. He had intended to be were I lived for just six months but ended up staying four years because we were dating.

When we first met I did not want to date him becuase he was from another country and I knew I never wanted to leave. He told me that he wanted to stay in my country (I guess so I would start dating him) and I gave in after a month of him pursuing me. After four years he decided he wanted to go back home to work in his fathers profitable family business. We both want to have kids in the near future and I believe he wanted to be able to have a good job to help provide for a family. As it is not easy to get a good job where I was from.

After a lot of discussion he had talked me in to moving back to his home town with him. I had a successful business that I sold. I guess I bought in to the idea that I needed to let him follow his dreams to provide for the family and I would become the housewife.

I have now been in his home town for three months and I really do not like it. It is a large major city and we live a 45 minute drive outside of the city in the suburbs. My major passion in life is outdoor activities (snowboarding, hiking, golf and mountain biking). Unfortunately the area that I live in does not offer easy access to these items. I now have the feeling that I am not really "living" but mearly exisiting.

My old lifestyle was very easy, exciting and healthy. I had a two minute drive to my job and could walk out my back door to all my activities. Now I need to drive atleast an hour to be able to do anything. Let alone I have not really made any friends of my own here. And I have no met any like minded people. No one will even go for a walk with me. I find my greatest happiness when I am in the outdoors and being physically active with friends. Since I do not get that here I find myself being a bit depressed and resentful of my boyfriend for bringing me here.

My issue is now, should I stay or should I go home? I love my boyfriend and he loves me and gives me so much support. I know all he wants is to be able to support a family and have enough money in the future to be comfortable. But I desperatly miss the mountains back home and my friends and family. This is not the rat race sort of lifestyle I would have chosen for myself. I know it is only fair that he wants to be close to his friends and family but so do I. Our home towns are a 20 hour plane ride away from one another.

I am getting older (mid 30's) and worry that I may be too old to have kids if I start over. And I do love my boyfriend and wish he would come back to my country with me (most ideal for me) but he wants me to commit to 5-10 years here before we move back to were i'm from. If we move back to my country at that time I'm worried he will be resentful with me and we will have to start all over again in our careers.

Please help - any thoughts or advice would be much appreciated. Thanks