+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Not sure what he wants - advice needed

Not sure what he wants - advice needed

My boyfriend and I broke up Saturday May 4th (I won't go through the reasons why. If you want to know the full story, you can watch the YouTube video I made in desperation to try and get him back - the link is in the "about me" section in my profile) and the very next day, I found out I was pregnant.

Neither of us want children, so I had the abortion (yesterday), and he picked me up from the hospital and drove me home, after not speaking with each other for a week.
    We said nothing to each other on the drive home, and when he pulled into my driveway, I handed him my written journal that I had brought along. I had been keeping a journal since we were together, and wanted him to read it so that he could see how much I still loved him.
    I then went inside, and cried for hours.

Later on, he sent me a text to let me know that he read it, and that it made him cry. He then apologized for the fact that he wasn't ready for a relationship and that he couldn't give me his best because he had to sort himself out first.

Eventually the conversation turned to joking around, and we texted back and forth all night (he drives truck for a living, so we always had to rely on texting to communicate). Throughout the conversation, he reverted back to using pet names that he had created for me (he calls me Chezz instead of Chelsi).

It's confusing and I'm utterly destroyed and heartbroken.
    The way he has been talking to me is a bit more than just being friendly, yet not quite the same as how we used to talk to each other.

I don't know if he's just stringing me along, or if he's trying to keep options open until he's ready.

I'm just so confused.
    Last edited by chezzington; 15-05-13 at 12:18 AM.

He beat you up. You should stay the hell away from him.
    Don't stay in an abusive relationship.

you should ut all contact with him, heal emotionally and get on with your life

So sorry to hear about the decision you had to make - hope you are okay.

He's not stringing you along, it appears that his communication to you is merely due to guilt - you had an abortion that day and then handed him something very personal - it could very well be that he felt obliged to initiate and maintain contact for that evening.